Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The ULTIMATE deer attractant!?

The ULTIMATE deer attractant!?

Well, I was watching some hunting shows on the WILD channel last night and found something that might actually be useful! The show featured directions for making the ultimate deer attractant scent. I'm curious if any of you have tried this, and if you have, if you picked up the tonquin musk and glycerin locally or had to order it online?
    1.Cut off the buck's balls, slit and remove testicles and discard any fat.
    2.Wearing latex gloves to keep your scent off it, make a vertical slit in each testicle and scrape out the contents, should be about 4 oz. in all.
    3.Put the 4 oz. of jam into a clean canning jar, add 4 oz. of 40% vodka, a pinch of salt, then seal the jar and shake vigorously. Feel free to pour yourself a triple vodka coke at this point to make yourself feel better!
    4.Put the well-labelled jar in a cool, dark place until next hunting season, to let the alcohol absorb the scent and make a tincture.
    5.Add 4 oz. of glycerin and 6-8 drops of tonquin musk, shake, and put into a spray bottle. Spray on hunting clothes each morning of the hunt, it's supposed to attract deer like nothing for sale commercially, especially during the rut.
    Well, I know dad and I used to extract the roe from salmon we caught, put it into little bags made of sheer red panty hose, tie it off, and use it to catch our limit of salmon in short order in the old days up north. Probably illegal now, but the natural roe worked SO much better for catching salmon than anything else! Maybe this natural home made scent will also work really well!
    B.C., PRE-NDP, formerly the best place to play! Cogito, ergo armatus sum!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: The ULTIMATE deer attractant!?

Watch out for the heard of deer coming to attack you at any given moment.
    When ever I find a natural {real} deer scrape I get so nervous I have to leave the area.
    After watching all the videos of the "Best" deer scents over the years and how they pull deer in so quick and of course always big bucks .....
    Im scared that the "REAL" deer scrapes could attrack so many deer I would be putting myself in harms way. Deer do attack just watch youtube.
    Yes watch out for your scent making that stuff and oh call all the companies ... salt co. vodka co. etc and see if their staff wear gloves and masks etc ..... get the point ....
    Maybe hanging the gland freshly cut off the leg or pulling out the pi$$ bag and keeping the urine to spread around might be a better idea.
    Not sure how freezing either of the mentioned would work the following year....
    Not giving you a hard time, but if it works like a hot danm it would be banned !!!!!!
    It is a good excuse for a drink though ..... cheers

i seen that episode to and i damn near puked! wonder how well it would work though

Lol Tackdriver, that's why I suggested the triple vodka & coke for yourself after you finish scraping the buck's nut-jelly out of his balls
    and putting it into the canning jar with four ounces of vodka!
    I think it could very well bring curious bucks into your area during
    the rut, I'm going to make a batch!
    B.C., PRE-NDP, formerly the best place to play! Cogito, ergo armatus sum!

Watched it too, thought it was interesting. Be a very small investment to mix up some of your own stuff, so you coudl wear buck ball soup.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

I wonder if it would work on Bighorns? You could get like a gallon of lure out of a mature set of ram balls!!!!!

Tonquin musk? I've heard of the "strait" somewhere over by the Philippines, but not an animal. Maybe find a witch - she might help you. Glycerin is available in any drug store off the shelf. It's the nitro they won't sell you. Sounds like one heluva concoction...imo.
    They'll never end hunting...may make it illegal, but they'll never really kill that way of life!

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    Tonquin musk? I've heard of the "strait" somewhere over by the Philippines, but not an animal. Maybe find a witch - she might help you. Glycerin is available in any drug store off the shelf. It's the nitro they won't sell you. Sounds like one heluva concoction...imo.
    Do you mean Tonkin Gulf, where the US Navy faked an attack on one of their destroyers as a pretense for escalation of the Vietnam War?

Nice recipe, though. Fun to say you tried it!
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..

Quote Originally Posted by Singleshotneeded View Post

5.Add 4 oz. of glycerin and 6-8 drops of tonquin musk, shake, and put into a spray bottle. Spray on hunting clothes each morning of the hunt, it's supposed to attract deer like nothing for sale commercially, especially during the rut.
    Synthetic now...but used to be derived form these guys...be a neat mount lol

Now thats a funny mount....