Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Crossbows , Talkin or Walkin

Re: Crossbows , Talkin or Walkin

Quote Originally Posted by OOBuck View Post
    You are absolutely correct!!!
    I'm serious; it annoys me to no end.

That attitude 'kills' it for everyone.
    It's divisive and the path only leads to conflict, which in turn, leads to more divisiveness, and so on. Then the next thing ya know, you have a small group of subjects standing on their own, trying to defend cries from another 'group' that THEIR tool of use isn't 'up to snuff'. OR, because of the lack of funding that gets created, permits become extremely co$tly and forces people out of the sport.

It's a NO WIN situation which has been historicly proven - Just take a look at the attack on firearms, hunting, SUV's, fur trade,,,,,,,,,

Mr. Dean,

HuntingBC. 'Minnie' Mod.
    HUGE fan of taxidermy.
    My HBC Photo Gallery: http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showg...sername=mrdean

I shot compound for 20 years and was pretty damn good at it but my shoulders are a mess anymore,bursitis,feels and sounds like they are full of gravel.I will be getting a cross bow and to hell with any one who thinks less of me.I will use it the same way I use my rifle,well sighted in,well practiced and with deadly efficiancy.
    Scars Are like Tattoos but With Better Stories

I've seen plenty of bow hunters who could not place an arrow in a pie plate at 30 yards go hunting and brag of taking long shots. Sometimes they miss, sometimes they kill and sometimes they wound...

I've seen good archers wound game and not recover the animals.

I feel sorry for the elitist bunch (always the bow shooters it seems...), who feel so superior they feel justified in preaching their misguided beliefs and "ethics" onto others.
    Please, we don't need or want your attitudes or advice!

I mean really, who do you think you are?

Do what you want, try to have fun instead of worrying about everyone else, and if all fails there is always Prozak! lol
    Last edited by troutseeker; 01-07-2011 at 12:17 PM.

So, after reading the comments here i've decided to take up Bow hunting! Bow Hunters are by far the best hunters on earth! Bar None! Any fool can go buy a gun and shoot 200 class Mule Deer year after year!!! I also learned that there's Zero Sportsmanship in using a Rifle or even a Cross Bow for that matter!!! I want the Respect that being a Bow hunter brings, I want to be God Like, just like them!!! Once I get my Bow I can start bad mouthing every other type of hunter because I'm way better than them, hell, I won't even talk to those low life Wanna be Rifle Hunters!!! So, it's off I go to "Toy's Are Us" to pick up my new Bow!!! I may need a hand to get up on my High Horse for the ride to town, so if anyone's in the neighborhood !!!

Mr Dean , You assumed a lot that was not in the original post . I anticipated that hence the plea for a sensible discussion .
    Cheers
    REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab on --

Group Memberships.

Traditional Bowhunters of BC
    Abbotsford Fish and Game Club
    BCWF
    United Bowhunters of BC

Quote Originally Posted by troutseeker View Post
    I've seen plenty of bow hunters who could not place an arrow in a pie plate at 30 yards go hunting and brag of taking long shots. Sometimes they miss, sometimes they kill and sometimes they wound...

I've seen good archers wound game and not recover the animals.

I feel sorry for the elitist bunch (always the bow shooters it seems...), who feel so superior they feel justified in preaching their misguided beliefs and "ethics" onto others.
    Please, we don't need or want your attitudes or advice!

I mean really, who do you think you are?

Do what you want, try to have fun instead of worrying about everyone else, and if all fails there is always Prozak! lol
    Always has to be some weeney that goes on the anti-elitist, your ethics over mine rant. Bow hunters are "hunters" just like you and I. Most pick up a rifle once in a while. All come from the same place as everyone else. Have an issue, grab a tissue.

To each their own, I use a compound bow in bow season and grab my rifle for rifle season and sometimes I switch it up and take my bow out during rifle season (probably why my 30-30 is so lonely these days). Cross bows dont do it for me because it feels like a rifle and if it feels like a rifle then hell I want my rifle but if you like a cross bow fill your boots, its legal and yes it has more reach maybe you hard core bow guys should consider it a "gateway" bow and maybe some guys will move up to bows if they get the bug.
    Lets stick together whatever you use, use it legally and responsibly and lets argue with the people who don't care what we hunt with but take offense that we hunt and kill animals for food. We are all, after all brothers and sisters of the same fold.
    Originally Posted by Gatehouse "I don't worry about the trim on rifle scopes. Probably because I have never caught the ghey."

Quote Originally Posted by greybark View Post
    Mr Dean , You assumed a lot that was not in the original post . I anticipated that hence the plea for a sensible discussion .
    Cheers
    No, I didn't.
    I hear what you're saying and I'm also a believer -----> Know your weapon and know your limitations.... I all over that, trust me.

The posts after my initial one, go out all the naysayers that assume x-bows aren't a worthy tool. IMO, it's the persons skills that are lacking (same said for any type of weapon)..... And I try to help out by offering up my back 40 to those who wanna practice their efficiency, in a relaxed atmosphere that typically isn't afforded at an organized club. In fact, all that have been here practicing, all say that this type of enviourment suites them better..... This may or may not be something to think about for club officials. But I'm willing to bet that if I publicly offered up my lands for string players OF ALL types, I'd have membership/attendance that rivalled sanctioned clubs.

And I'm serious when I say that.

Mr. Dean,

HuntingBC. 'Minnie' Mod.
    HUGE fan of taxidermy.
    My HBC Photo Gallery: http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showg...sername=mrdean

Quote Originally Posted by steel_ram View Post
    Always has to be some weeney that goes on the anti-elitist, your ethics over mine rant. Bow hunters are "hunters" just like you and I. Most pick up a rifle once in a while. All come from the same place as everyone else. Have an issue, grab a tissue.
    Sorry no tissues here, I only use natural cotton hankies... And only fly fish for steelhead with traditional flies like the GP...

Another crossbow thread? The other 19 threads didn't cover this?
    Quote Originally Posted by rocksteady View Post
    I wish trees would scream as a they fell over...