Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Crossbows , Talkin or Walkin

Re: Crossbows , Talkin or Walkin

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckShooter View Post
    The same could be said for about 90% of rifle hunters.....I can honestly say that I have seen far more poor shot placement from gun hunters than bow or crossbow hunters.
    Dam beat me to it....
    Don't worry about a pandemic, stupidity is spreading way faster

Quote Originally Posted by OOBuck View Post
    Dam beat me to it....
    Me too.
    "If you want to hunt beasts you don't see every day,
    You have to go places quite out-of-the-way.
    You have to go places no others can get to,
    You have to get cold and you have to get wet, too."
    - Dr. Seuss

Quote Originally Posted by E.B. View Post
    Crossbows are not for archers, they are for taking advantage of a season.
    So from what your saying with your comment as I have understood it to mean because I have a disability and can no longer shoot my traditional bow, I should no longer be allowed to bow hunt because I have to use a crossbow during bow season.

Wow, I guess because of my disablility, I should give up rifle hunting as well because according to the regs, I can shoot from my truck as long as I have an able bodied person with me. Would you consider me taking advantage of the rifle season as well? (on a side note: even though I am consider a person with a disability, for as long as my body co-operates, I will scout, walk, stalk, harvest critters just like every other able bodied person.)

I practise when I can, I have my own policy of don't shoot unless you know you are going to take one shot to take the animal down, if for any reason I lose the confidence in myself, I will not take the shot. I am a hunter nothing more nothing less.
    Last edited by newhunterette; 01-07-2011 at 09:04 AM.

A Real Southern Canadian Beaver &
    I am Proud to be 100% Canadian "Y'ALL"
    + 110% Redneck Woman "Yehaww"

redneck wedding vow: til huntin season do we part
    watch Alison's Kitchen on "Nice Fish Pro Staff" with Gary Cooper

Bow Walker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Onesock View Post
    Bow Walker-maybe you should change "archer" to "bowhunter" in your last sentence.
    Yeah, reads a bit better that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Kody94 View Post
    One could say the same of rifles, in a way...

I don't have an issue with "the 'hunters' who just want to be able to extend their season". In fact I am generally happy about it. but....

What I do have an issue with is any hunter (archer or otherwise) that does not take the time to understand the limitations of their equipment and their own level of competence with it, and ensure that they hunt within those limitations.

The equivalent of "sprayin and prayin" happens with every implement of hunting, so I cannot single out the "average crossbow hunter". Its equally unacceptable wherever it occurs. I think it just happens to be more visible with the crossbow than most other cases.
    Very well said. In fact, I agree with your whole reply.

I could care less what you shoot as long as its legal archery tackle have at it!

The one great thing about helping other archers get set up is they make me take them to the range and practice along with them.. I must have shot a hundred arrows this week alone..

I have a COMPLETE problem with Hunters, calling for a ban on legal hunting equipment THAT IS capable of harvesting big game, cleanly.

You guys should be more welcoming AND willing to teach/pass on your experience in HOW to become efficient hunters - MO.

Mr. Dean,

HuntingBC. 'Minnie' Mod.
    HUGE fan of taxidermy.
    My HBC Photo Gallery: http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showg...sername=mrdean

I don't know who's worse, the elitist bowhunters or the elitist flyfishers.

I hunt, sometimes with my bow and sometimes with my rifle. I fish, sometimes with a fly rod and sometimes with casting/spinning/trolling gear-I even chuck guts.
    Nobody is going to tell me how much I have to practice.

I hunt and fish to get away from crowds, not to get stuck in them-exactly why I have zero interest in organized events.

It's no wonder the crossbow guys never show up at the events, they get treated like lepers.
    Twist and pull.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dean View Post
    I have a COMPLETE problem with Hunters, calling for a ban on legal hunting equipment THAT IS capable of harvesting big game, cleanly.
    You are absolutely correct!!!

Rarely the equipment is to blame. Lots of game "missed" by rifle hunters. Lots of wasted game laying dead within a few hundred yards of logging roads.
    I understand some countries (Sweden?) actually expect their hunters to prove competency with their equipment.

Why should anyone have to justify themselves for choosing the legal weapon they choose?

I don't shoot rifle competitions, I don't go to trap shooting competitions, does that mean I am somehow less worthy than they very, very few gun hunters that do go to organized shooting competitions?

How do you know what weapon the guy at the conservation event uses? I've been to lots of them and never brought a rifle, shotgun, crossbow or long bow, but I've used all of those to kill game.

More importantly, why does any of this matter, except to those who get their knickers in a bunch over allowing crossbows to be used in bow seasons?

Get over it, the truth is- it's just not that big of a deal that other guys like to hunt a bit differently than you.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!