Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Taking large bucks!

Taking large bucks!

Hi...I was just curious what people felt was the most important aspects in taking large bucks consistently?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Taking large bucks!

not shooting small ones?
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Time...and lots of it ..
    Midnight toker

Hunting area's that hold these so called big bucks And as much scouting as you can get in normally helps you knock down a few good bucks. or you could just join all the other guys and just pm dana

Find some guy in your area that kills lots of big bucks. Stake out his house early AM, and follow him to where he hunts.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    Find some guy in your area that kills lots of big bucks. Stake out his house early AM, and follow him to where he hunts.
    What's your address !!

Seriously though, you need to take the time to find out where the big guys like to hang out, and it might take a heck of a lot of time doing this, but if your prepared to do some serious walking, you "will find them". Shed hunting is a good alternative too, it has helped me in the past. I like to go where "some" others decline, as they think the terrain is too gnarly for them, and too long a hike. Big timber, up high, with a meadow like area close by is where i find to have most of my success for the whoppers. But hey, I've seen trophy bucks on the road going in to where I want to hunt too, so go figure.
    Last edited by Sleep Robber; 12-28-2010 at 03:37 PM.
    Leave the gun, grab the cannoli's.

Just head to clearwater

Spend tons of time out there scouting and hunting,and don't shoot anything that isn't huge. Once your tag is filled your done. Be prepared to come home skunked when your buddies are bringing home decent bucks. Eventually it will pay off.
    kenny
    I love it when the seasons change.
    Fishing to Hunting.

well said bartell....

hunting where there at, but spending the time to find where they are, time and more time scouting