Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sitka or Rivers West

Hybrid View

Sitka or Rivers West

I am trying to set myself up for next hunting season, and am looking to buy new gear, but I am not sure what is better for price or product. I hiked a lot last year in mediocre gear got wet, and it adds lots of weight, any experience or advise would be great,

thanks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Sitka or Rivers West

I'm biased as I sell Sitka Gear, but do so in part because in my not so humble opinion it is the best product. I find RW to be noisy by comparison. Take a stick and a hand full of fescqu and rub them against both products and you will find the Sika Gear to be more quiet. I also like the athletic fit, and the camo pattern of the Sitka Gear better.

I sell Sitka Gear to HBC'ers at better prices than ANYONE. Decide what you want and ping me for pricing.
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Granted it was a few generations ago that I had some Rivers West gear but IMO it was crap that failed miserably. At least with the past generations of their gear if you were at all active you sweat like a pig in it. The gaitors were junk, a zipper blew on my jacket, you get the idea. Not a fan.
    Can't comment first hand on the Sitka stuff other than it is really pricey. I've heard mixed reviews from those that own it - most love it, but some have had certain garments fall short of expectations.
    I wish I could find some of the Russell Outdoors Gear - the APX line of their stuff to see what it is like.
    Last edited by Duk Dog; 12-28-2010 at 01:00 PM.

I really like my Sitka gear; just wish it didn't cost so much. I don't have Rivers West but did see some at Wholesale sports; don't care for the camo color (seems to dark).

I have been using the Sitka 90% and Ascent pants with layering for the past number of years... and for me they have been by far the best pants I have enjoyed hunting in...

x2 on the cost ... the first generation stuff mtn mimicry is what I have and it was pricey ... the cost of the new stuff is just too much IMO.

Hermit, I will ping you on a cost for the 90% jacket, do they still make the mtn mimicry pattern for it?

I have RW and it just not breath, move at all and I sweat. Not a fan but now have expensive jacket and pants that i guess i have to live with

I have both and am very happy with both

Duk Dog,

We just got back from the states and Wholesale in Burlington Wash, has Russell camo. Personally I'm not a Wholesale Sports fan, but they serviced the crap out of us down there ( unlike the Langley store ). I found some shoes also, but they didn't have them in stock. The girl told me she would phone around. After shopping for awhile, she found us and said they were at another store and would ship them to me. I can't say enough about the customer service we received down there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Red View Post
    Duk Dog,

We just got back from the states and Wholesale in Burlington Wash, has Russell camo. Personally I'm not a Wholesale Sports fan, but they serviced the crap out of us down there ( unlike the Langley store ). I found some shoes also, but they didn't have them in stock. The girl told me she would phone around. After shopping for awhile, she found us and said they were at another store and would ship them to me. I can't say enough about the customer service we received down there.
    Thanks for the feedback, guess I'd better have a closer look at my local WSS.

hey thanks for all the feed back, sitka seems the way, I do like the idea of being more quiet