Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ? cook book

? cook book

Dont now if i just climb out from under a rock or what but......
    I was looking through the recipie pages and there is a hbc cook book out there somewhere.....

2. Site Sponsor

Re: ? cook book

There is, or at least there was. I think Newhunterette has master copies stashed away somewhere. There was talk about coming out with a second edition, but I don't know if it made it any further than that.
    Team Goldbond Administrative Assistant

Now that's something that Marc should jump on for fundraising. I know I'd be in for one for sure.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotomy!

Quote Originally Posted by brock77 View Post
    Dont now if i just climb out from under a rock or what but......
    I was looking through the recipie pages and there is a hbc cook book out there somewhere.....
    yes there was

Quote Originally Posted by Sideofabarn View Post
    There is, or at least there was. I think Newhunterette has master copies stashed away somewhere. There was talk about coming out with a second edition, but I don't know if it made it any further than that.
    there were two printings of the book, a second edition was not discussed and yes I have the master copy

Quote Originally Posted by wolverine View Post
    Now that's something that Marc should jump on for fundraising. I know I'd be in for one for sure.
    marc informed me after the printing and cost of postage this was not a cost affective fundraiser, however the cookbook did sell out

I would need permission from Marc before I would consider printing books again.

A Real Southern Canadian Beaver &
    I am Proud to be 100% Canadian "Y'ALL"
    + 110% Redneck Woman "Yehaww"

redneck wedding vow: til huntin season do we part
    watch Alison's Kitchen on "Nice Fish Pro Staff" with Gary Cooper

I would definetely be in for one if they became available.

Quote Originally Posted by newhunterette View Post
    yes there was

there were two printings of the book, a second edition was not discussed and yes I have the master copy

marc informed me after the printing and cost of postage this was not a cost affective fundraiser, however the cookbook did sell out

I have one of those and it is an awesome book!
    "didn't want the cabin lookin' like it was built by a boyscout with a dull hatchet."

- Dick Proenneke

Quote Originally Posted by newhunterette View Post
    yes there was

Is there anyway to download it like an ebook? That must be cheaper than printing and mailing. Just sayin...
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotomy!

from feedback I received on the cookbook - I learned a lot - I would make a few changes to the layout and make the book a little more user friendly (adding more categories) as well as since the book was made, there have been many new and wonderful recipes added to the recipe section of HBC that would make there way into the new book.

I am not sure how one would go about making an ebook for people to purchase.

But again that would have to require permission from Marc and if I recall he is busy with the calender project right now.

A Real Southern Canadian Beaver &
    I am Proud to be 100% Canadian "Y'ALL"
    + 110% Redneck Woman "Yehaww"

redneck wedding vow: til huntin season do we part
    watch Alison's Kitchen on "Nice Fish Pro Staff" with Gary Cooper

Hey Marc... can newhunterette publish can she please please can we let her get started on the changes and maybe if the paper version is to costly we look at an eBook option for fundraiser improvements on cost justification.

I'll buy 3 right now.