Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wolves can be hazardous to your Hounds!!

Re: Wolves can be hazardous to your Hounds!!

I saw a couple of guys out hunting with there dog they walked a road and had the dog out chasing deer which they then shot at on the run . It fell dead in front of me and they should up . I reported it but they never came back.
    holy underwear

WHILE HUNTING.if someone is stupid enough to shoot her well then?
    Last edited by wsm; 02-16-2007 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SAVAGE300
    Hey murder if you see dogs out running deer, shoot it! a dog can and will outlast a deer in the chase
    Very bad advice.

[quote=Barracuda]And secondly most deer will out run and out distance a domestic dog unless the dog is bred for running.

I disagree with you Barracuda. I watched a pack of dogs total of 6 shepards lab collie mix mutts run deer in metchosin I watched them run that deer into the lagoon at Pedder bay and kill it. And I now see them running deer up here at work. Old Mrs Yates used to shoot them all the time as they would tear into her goats and sheep along with the cougars. Don't be fooled if a dog gets a taste of the chase it will do it again and again until it will finally catch its quarry.

W.
    Never Mind The Bullshit !!!!!

[quote=luckynuts]
    Quote Originally Posted by Barracuda
    And secondly most deer will out run and out distance a domestic dog unless the dog is bred for running.

I disagree with you Barracuda. I watched a pack of dogs total of 6 shepards lab collie mix mutts run deer in metchosin I watched them run that deer into the lagoon at Pedder bay and kill it. And I now see them running deer up here at work. Old Mrs Yates used to shoot them all the time as they would tear into her goats and sheep along with the cougars. Don't be fooled if a dog gets a taste of the chase it will do it again and again until it will finally catch its quarry.

W.
    sounds like a pack of ferals to me and not a couple of dogs or someones family pet that decided to chase a deer till it got bored or lost it . And yes you can break a dog from running deer , some dogs are geneticlly predisposed to chasing deer as some people are geneticlly predisposed to not have the ability or desire to train an animal .