Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Found a dead swan

Re: Found a dead swan

Yes they are very tasty got to eat some in Ireland one time but in my defense I was eating it with a Duke and a distant relative of the Queen.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    Hmm, I'm interested to see how they taste. I bet they are good.

Taste Awefull!! But they should all be killed because of that terrible noise they make while flying over at night.
    I harvest carrots. I kill animals.

taste like spotted owl

So a swan died, big deal. They are no different than any other animal. Some will not survive the winter. Involving "save the animal" type groups will not help us as hunters. The press could get involved and hunting will be blamed again. Swans are not in danger of becoming extinct now, but every time someone reports a dead one, the lead shot and hunters get bad press. If I see a dead swan, I hope that the eagles clean it up before some 'do gooder' reports it, and a whole bunch of time and money is wasted on it. Maybe I am harsh but nature is cruel and I am not going to interfere if I see a sick swan or eagle or 'abandoned' seal pup. It will either live or die, and if it dies, some other animal will live off its carcass.
    The money wasted every year on 'abandoned' seal pups and other sick animals that are not endangered doesn't make any sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    No swan hunting in Canada, Queens birds.
    Oh god, seriously, WOW .
    Proud Member of Team Gold Bond

Originally Posted by F***** D***
    some "people" tend to use the paneling in the living room to fuel their fires.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    I think I do perrty good for only having grad 7 education

Is there a season on swans? I know some parts of the US have seasons.
    Clarke, I have never known you to be a fisherman

Hmm, I'm interested to see how they taste. I bet they are good.
    They taste a lot like Bald Eagles.
    Scars Are like Tattoos but With Better Stories

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    No swan hunting in Canada, Queens birds.
    well that explains it ???
    always wondered about that "yugly duckling" that grew up to be a "yugly Swan" in that Disney Movie!
    sit quietly by the river,,,,,,

eventually the bodies of your enemies will come floating by,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer View Post
    So a swan died, big deal. They are no different than any other animal. Some will not survive the winter. Involving "save the animal" type groups will not help us as hunters. The press could get involved and hunting will be blamed again. Swans are not in danger of becoming extinct now, but every time someone reports a dead one, the lead shot and hunters get bad press. If I see a dead swan, I hope that the eagles clean it up before some 'do gooder' reports it, and a whole bunch of time and money is wasted on it. Maybe I am harsh but nature is cruel and I am not going to interfere if I see a sick swan or eagle or 'abandoned' seal pup. It will either live or die, and if it dies, some other animal will live off its carcass.
    The money wasted every year on 'abandoned' seal pups and other sick animals that are not endangered doesn't make any sense to me.
    Guess what? If the Eagle dies from eating a lead poisoned Swan, the hunters get blamed. If the Swan is turned in to the game department, even the Swan Society is happy and the nice part is that they are leaning toward hunting being in favor of Swan hunting if the revenue is used for Swan issues as duck stamp money is used for ducks.
    Why do the ducks come just after I pour my coffee?

Is there any shortage of swans? Or are they just on the "no shoot" list because of thier protection in England?
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!