Thread: Just plain wrong

Just plain wrong

Why is it when you setup for mallards that you know should be there, you get ducks that have no business being there? Must get blown in with the ugly storm system blowing through.

I mean Matt shot a drake ringneck last year in a slough and thats the first one we've ever shot, and now we had drake after drake come into a mallard duck hole. Never even saw a hen the whole time.

Do I have to season them or do they come a little bit salty as they are???? hahahaha....divers

Last edited by Crazy_Farmer; 12-18-2010 at 07:45 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Just plain wrong

Ya, we certainly have had some wierd weather lately. First warm front storm comes and all of our mallards are gone!!!

Congrats on the ringnecks!! Somethin' a lil different...

Longshot jr.

love the divers adam!! real waterfowlers shoot divers!

Lorne

Hell I figure if we can shoot a whack of drake ringnecks out of the pond I want a single canvasback to come floating by... In my dreams.
    1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

C.F. if you don't want those Blackjacks can I please have them ,just pluck them nicely and freeze them. I'll send Marc to get them when he comes over for dog food!! In return Ill send you some crappy Winchester Xperts.. I shore does love those Ringnecks.
    Cheers, Field Marshal.

We've had a few ringnecks over the years, they were OK to eat, not in the corn fed mallard class, but not bad.

We had a flock of about 30 in one slough we frequent about a month ago, but my son left them alone as we generally don't shoot divers. Yesterday we were at another slough nearby and jumped 2 different pairs of 2 drakes. They would have been easy pickings for the boy but again he let them fly.