Thread: Incident at Dinsdale Farms

Incident at Dinsdale Farms

This morning at Dinsdale Farm the Mounties were in attendance.
    It was reported pellets were hitting houses in the area???
    Those of us who gun there know this is ludicrious.
    It is just another attempt by the locals to shut us down!!
    From now on those using the fields will judge themselves accordingly!!
    Absolutely no shooting towards the Cowichan Bay road in the direction of the old barns and the original farmhouse. This is due West from the briar patch and dugout. Anyone not complying will not be returning!!!!
    Thank you for your cooperation ---Good shooting.
    Cheers, Field Marshal.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Incident at Dinsdale Farms

When we drove by the dinsdale there was a decoy spread set up right at the edge of the corn field facing directly towards cowichan bay road. To me, if you are shooting a good goose shot, you would certainly reach pellets on to the road. It was amazing in a bad way to see this type of set up. It is not hard to adjust accordingly so your shots are pointed in a more safe and ethical direction!!

LONGSHOT SR.

Quote Originally Posted by longshot View Post
    When we drove by the dinsdale there was a decoy spread set up right at the edge of the corn field facing directly towards cowichan bay road. To me, if you are shooting a good goose shot, you would certainly reach pellets on to the road. It was amazing in a bad way to see this type of set up. It is not hard to adjust accordingly so your shots are pointed in a more safe and ethical direction!!

LONGSHOT SR.
    For your information we were well past the required 100m most likely 200m for the nearest road or house. I'd be more then willing to stand 200m away from you and if you can figure out the angle that would be required to reach me you can shoot what ever steel shot load you can find at me, with me standing in my underwear. I've been rained on by pellets a lot closer then that and it wouldn't even penetrate clothing let alone skin.

No Hunting Areas
    It is unlawful to hunt or discharge a firearm within 100 metres of a church, school building, school yard, playground, regional district park, dwelling house, or farm or ranch building that is occupied by persons or domestic animals.
    It's unfortunate that the pellets may have came down and bounced off of someones steel roof, no more damage then hail falling from the sky.

We were situated parallel with the briar patch to the highway, which is the same distance to the road and the direction that the majority of the geese come from. To say this is unsafe or unethical just baffles me.

What does ethics have to do with it? All shots were within 30 yards of the decoys? Not quite sure where ethics fall into the equation. It was all above the law.

Quote Originally Posted by field marshal View Post
    This morning at Dinsdale Farm the Mounties were in attendance.
    It was reported pellets were hitting houses in the area???
    Those of us who gun there know this is ludicrious.
    It is just another attempt by the locals to shut us down!!
    From now on those using the fields will judge themselves accordingly!!
    Absolutely no shooting towards the Cowichan Bay road in the direction of the old barns and the original farmhouse. This is due West from the briar patch and dugout. Anyone not complying will not be returning!!!!
    Thank you for your cooperation ---Good shooting.
    Cheers, Field Marshal.
    I agree, it's not worth the hassle of trying to deal with the locals trying every angle possible to shut the fields down. Even thought it is within the law it's not worth having the RCMP showing up to tarnish a day afield.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

Well said Mr. Administrator!!!
    Could I please be the one to shoot at you????

Quote Originally Posted by field marshal View Post
    Well said Mr. Administrator!!!
    Could I please be the one to shoot at you????

I would also like to shoot at mark in his underwear.!

Did some measurements this morning, 260 meters from the layout to the edge of the road, and 283 meters to the house that complained about pellets hitting it.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Did some measurements this morning, 260 meters from the layout to the edge of the road, and 283 meters to the house that complained about pellets hitting it.
    Shot can not fly so far especially steel shot !
    People lie the most of all before elections, at the war and after hunting.

If thats how far you truly were then the house owners were prolly exaggerating a little.

"A rifle hunter's hunt is over at 200yrds, a bowhunter's hunt is just beginning at 200yrds."

"Train Hard, Hunt Easy."

"A bow hunter in a week will learn what a rifle hunter learns in a lifetime."- Fred Bear

I want to know one thing...

What evidence did the homeowner provide? That should have been the first question out of the police officer's mouth.

"Hello Mr. Local, you called regarding some shot pellets hitting yoyur home. How do you know they were shot pellets? Do you have any of them that I can see? How do you know which gun they came from? "

Without that, this is just a nuisance complaint.

I've had one jackass come out and sit in my spread right in the middle of a hunt, and once a woman threw the ball for her dog and ran him right through our deeks.

I haven't bothered hunting there for a few years now.
    Backroad Access Closures - Send an Email NOW!
    http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=10125

Bow Walker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
    Shot can not fly so far especially steel shot !
    If the wind was right, and the shooter was shooting at enough of an angle, the shot "could" reach that far and fall on the house. Harmlessly, but on the house.