Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need a new boat what do you use and where did you get it??

Re: Need a new boat what do you use and where did you get it??

Our welded 1548 wieghs in at over 1000 lbs and with a mod-v about 6" of draft. If u know the tides and channels.... We should have got an 18' or even a 20'.
    Hooked on quack.

Re: Need a new boat what do you use and where did you get it??

Quote Originally Posted by f350ps View Post
    They are a nice looking punt but very impracticable for our coastal or marsh hunting. At a weight of 800+ lbs and a draft of 6" good luck gettin off the mud on a dropping tide. That said, it would be a great Brant layout, do they come with a furnace and wet bar? K

Bankes bigger boats arent exactly punts.... any thing from the freedom upare open water sea duck killers and one of the best built and are very suitable for that application.

Here is my old rig.

I sold it 2 months ago, it wasnt for sale at the time but got an offer out of no where i could refuse. So i bought this more family friendly boat. Not exactly a duck hunting boat obvisouly, but kills fish pretty good. I think I am buying a lay out this year and using it as a tender.

Lorne
    Last edited by lorneparker1; 06-30-2012 at 10:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Brawler View Post
    Just lob a couple loaded mouse traps at em like you're playing horse shoes. More humane than bouncing darts off them.