Thread: Hunting in Tsawassen

Hunting in Tsawassen

i am wondering if hunting by the tsawassen ferry terminal is allowed. on the side that is in between the industrial port and the road to the ferries? i always see craploads of ducks there. mostly widgeon. i also understand that there is a native reserve on the land in between there so i am wondering how to get out there if possible.
    Thanks!!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Hunting in Tsawassen

You have to get permission from the band. Also because they have a treaty now everything changed so im not really sure what the rules are now. but im pretty sure you still need permission from someone at the band office. here's the band office phone number. 604 943 2112

Two years ago I was coming off the ferry and the field just past the waterslide park was completely white. On closer inspection it was filled with snow geese, thousands I'm sure. I'd never seen snows before so it was pretty cool and the season was open in the regs. I wonder if this is the same area you are wondering about?

@islander7mm not the field but the ocean. i do know those fields contain decent amounts of ducks and geese though. i am talking about the water to the left when you get off the ferry going towards the mainland. that is where all the ducks go to relax before they return in the evening. it is completely filled in the morning.