Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hand warmers

Re: Hand warmers

Quote Originally Posted by betteroffishing View Post
    where does one find one of those zippo units , iv been looking, wss no , house of knives , no ??? anyone know a retailer in the lml who sells em ?
    Mountain Equipment Co-Op (MEC) sells them, not sure of the price though.

Just ordered four of the Zippo Deluxe hand warmers on E-Bay. Under $60, shipping in.

Cheapest I found was $11.95 US. Always check shipping cost and compare TOTAL price by the time it gets to you.
    I harvest carrots. I kill animals.

I did a search on ebay. There's lots of them for sale.
    http://tinyurl.com/2co7hp4

The crystal ones get nice and hot but only last half an hour at best. Never had a zippo one but I've owned a few of the solid fuel ones that burn little sticks of coal.
    They take awhile to heat up at first, but if you light both ends of the coal they put out a good solid heat for quite awhile. Plus they're only like $10 for the burner and a bunch of coals.
    They never wear out, I've only owned a few because I lose 'em...

Costco has 40 pairs of hand warmers for $15.00 (guesstimate) and they throw in a few pairs of toe warmers. I don't know if I want to go hiking with toe warmers but I may find them helpful if I fall into a river and need to warm up.

Ok, these Zippo handwarmers sound great ... never knew such a thing existed
    I want to pick up a couple for xmas gifts .... Anywhere other than MEC that sells them in the lowermainland ? Dont really like supporting them, and dont really feel like driving into gong-showcouver .

Zippo is hands down the best. I've had mine for a number of years now and use it all the time. Cost is roughly $50 and comes with a tin of lighter fuel. They get smoking hot and easily last all day. I filled mine up a little too high a few weeks ago and it stayed very, very hot for 2 days straight! Replacement tops are only $12 but I haven't had to buy one yet and I've had mine for 3 years with tons of use. Hunting, snowboarding, anything.

just bought mine from e-bay , 25.00 shipped to me in time for christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by high and to the right View Post
    Costco has 40 pairs of hand warmers for $15.00 (guesstimate) and they throw in a few pairs of toe warmers. I don't know if I want to go hiking with toe warmers but I may find them helpful if I fall into a river and need to warm up.
    i use the toe warmers on every trip and they are the greatest , i have a couple back up pairs in my hunting pack at all times , the disp. hand warmers are a diff story , i find them warm at best and they dont last near long enough in my books . ive used the red velveteen covered charcoal stick warmers for years and they do a good job , but i like the size of the zippo unit better and i find sometimes the coal has a hard time staying lit , when i go into my pocket for my handwarmer that i lit hours ago and its stone cold , that spells some misery for the rest of my day.

fozzy is offline hunting 4 a decent Mulie

I found with hand warmers that the 10 hour ones don't get warm enough. The 6 hour ones get much warmer. The stick on feet ones are a waste of time, better off getting warmer boots.
    Never tried the zippo ones, just might give them a try. Thanks for the reviews gents