Hi guys,
Yes this is a highly specialized application of skills and interest.

I'm an artist/hunter and would like to begin planning some ATV access hunting excursions into our beautiful outback whilst making some time for "plein air" landscape painting.

My approach to this would be towards setting up the painting session in areas that could be productive to taking a deer. The priorities would be:

1. Interesting subject matter (painting)
2. Wind direction (acrylic & oil paint have an odor)
3. Good deer terrain (open ground)

I've never combined these activities and it's obvious that one would have to accept that their deer hunting efforts would be hampered by the painting component...

But here's my thinking, If a large open area is chosen for your painting work, you'll be studying the area with keen interest. Combine this with glassing and quiet observation, I could see how a great plein air session could be interupted by spotting, stocking and filling your tag.

I know it's wierd, but if you're an artist reading this you might see where I'm going with this... A partner would be nice so let me know if this might be up your alley for next year. I'll be throwing this request out again for a partner.