Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HUBB Sports Abbotsford -Gift Certificate discussion and explanations

Re: HUBB Sports Abbotsford = Thieves and Dishonest

FWIW, my experience at Hub has also been poor. That and they are overpriced on most things. I've found Wanstalls and International Shooting Supplies to be much better - and they get my business as a result.

Gave my dad a gift certificate for $200. Same thing, when he went to go use it, the owner (little asian guy) told him it's only worth 50%. My dad laughed at him a bit then politely let him know that he wouldnt' be coming back again.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

I don't have an attitude problem; you must have a perception problem.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandA View Post
    yukon john - that is brutal, personally what I think happened is when the company was bought the old owner may not have discolsed all the correct accounting.. and the new owner may have been stuck with something he was not ready for. However, it is the new owners fault.. You have to review everything, call supplier etc before you make such a purchase

caveat emptor. It is up to the buyer of the business to fully investigate both assets and liabilities before making the purchase, just as the seller has the duty to disclose. Sounds like a lawsuit between those two, but putting the customer out in the cold is both bad business and morally wrong and probably illegal.

I can't believe people run their businesses like that. What a set-up to failure! Looking at these negative reviews on here, I wouldn't be too surprised to see them closed down in a few years.

A lot of negative reviews from those that have dealt with them, but, what about all the lurkers like myself. Guess who won't be dealing there. Word of mouth can be the best or worst form of advertising.

As some of you know i also had a bad experience recently with the new owners, they are lazy and greedy people. I hear it is like a ghost town in there now and hopefully they will be out of business soon.

If Roger was to open up a new store i would buy there but i doubt that is going to happen. This will be the first time i am not going to go to their boxing day sale, too bad as they always had some good deals.

I have been dealing with The new store on 104th in Surrey, International Shooting. It is the old Hunters, Have purchased quite a bit from there now including a new rifle and scope. Very happy with the service and great guys to BS with. Kinda reminds me of how Italian used to be.

Not sure what the protocol is on Gift Cards, but when I went into a Wholesale Sports in the states (just after they had bought out 9 or so of the Sportmans Wharehouse's down there), they had signs up everywhere that they would only accept SW gift cards to a certain date. I thought great if you came into the store but if you only went in a few times a year you may be SOL.

Not sure how it works.

BHB

maybe someone should get this new owners email and forward him this thread...how many lower mainland members are on here?? I think this can be used as a good leverage tool for some 'attitude adjusting'.....what a shitbag....never been there , wont be goin there for sure NOW !

LOL I wish the new Hub nothing but the worst.
    Quote Originally Posted by rocksteady View Post
    I wish trees would scream as a they fell over...