Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: HUBB Sports Abbotsford -Gift Certificate discussion and explanations

HUBB Sports Abbotsford -Gift Certificate discussion and explanations

Here is my rant.

My girlfriend's grandparents gave me a gift certificate to Hubb Sports for my birthday last year. I went in to use the gift certificate today and they told me it was worth only 50% of its face value.. WTF

Both clerks explained to me how the business has been bought by a new owner and he is not responsible for past gift certificates. From my knowledge I believe they are as when you purchase an existing company you are responsible for all assets and liabilities.. It is their responsibility to perform due diligence and if they in short suck at it the consumer should not bear the insulting rip off.

Regardless I feel ripped off and have promised them that they have lost a customer over $12.50 (full value of GC $25).

Has anyone else experienced this new form of dishonesty from Hubb Sports?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: HUBB Sports Abbotsford = Thieves and Dishonest

Thats dum. Better business beauro ( sorry my bookdification cant spell)
    doesnt seem right. But i know sometimes they also can expire.
    gift cards seem not to be money. even though you buy them

Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Not to that extend, but when I got my dad's bow I went there to have checked and asked for a few things. I was treated like I was wasting his time with my archaic bow. I found a new place and don't bother with them anymore for archery.
    I also went there for fishing sockeye, and I ended up with stuff I've yet to use. When my friend, who's a fish whisperer, saw my purchase, he thought I had been taken for a ride.

Now your experience just sealed the deal for me.
    Last edited by Stéphane; 12-03-2010 at 06:51 PM.

where the hell am i anyways this isnt where i left the truck

A client of mine sold almost 40,000$ of boots to roger, on credit, the new guy takes over and tells my client that there is no boots in stock so he wont pay, guess what? hes selling Kenetrek boots right now
    Many a child journeys this high to be different. To get from here what their natures couldn't get them below. lt comes to nothing. Can't cheat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got it own ways.

I think I will report it to the better busines bureau and Stephane I saw that exact thing happen today when a new Canadian asked them some questions, the clerk decided to take a phone call and completly ignored him.

yukon john - that is brutal, personally what I think happened is when the company was bought the old owner may not have discolsed all the correct accounting.. and the new owner may have been stuck with something he was not ready for. However, it is the new owners fault.. You have to review everything, call supplier etc before you make such a purchase

not my favorite place

issue one was under the old management, i ordered a set of binoculars so they phone me when they come in and i tell them ill be there at around 5 when im off work, so i get there all excited for my new optics and no one can find them and it turned out one of the employees decided to sell the binoculars that were under the counter with my name on them....long story short they were asshats about it i got my deposit back and thats when i started buying online.

issue two was under the new management, i buy a sling kit for my mossberg500 only to realize when i get home that half the parts are recycled from a used shotgun(knicks and scratches) and the other parts from who the **** knows where....now to be fair i dont know if this was left over stock from the old owners or what but it was a piss off none the less having to go back to abby to get my money back
    If it aint broke......dont fix it

VA7BUB

Bow Walker Guest

Well, they're not going to engender customer satisfaction or loyalty by taking a stance like that. WTF?!? For a measly $25.00 gift certificate they could've had a loyal customer for life. Instead they blew it - big time.

This is the type of service that Belle's in Mission was (and is) famous for. Now that they are owned by the same person, it is just a north fraser and south fraser version of each other.
    "The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause."
    -Theodore Roosevelt France, 1910