Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cryptococcus

Re: Cryptococcus

Glad to see that your dog is o.k. I have a male german shorthair pointer and he was recently very sick as well. He was having trouble doing his business. Everytime he tried he would cry BLOODY MURDER, and barely nothing would come out. He would vomit constatly. Tons of test went by and finally a ultrasound found out that he has an abcess in his pelvic area. They figure he ate something that perferated his digestive track and caused a infection that abcessed. The abcess was huge and surrounded a artery and was not able to be removed. They drained the abcess and now he is on ten thousand kinds of antibiotics to see if it will shrink and not re-abcess. Hopefully that is the end of that!

The 'Hummer' Guest

Thumbs up Re: Cryptococcus

Quote Originally Posted by Broncomarco
    Glad to see that your dog is o.k. I have a male german shorthair pointer and he was recently very sick as well. He was having trouble doing his business. Everytime he tried he would cry BLOODY MURDER, and barely nothing would come out. He would vomit constatly. Tons of test went by and finally a ultrasound found out that he has an abcess in his pelvic area. They figure he ate something that perferated his digestive track and caused a infection that abcessed. The abcess was huge and surrounded a artery and was not able to be removed. They drained the abcess and now he is on ten thousand kinds of antibiotics to see if it will shrink and not re-abcess. Hopefully that is the end of that!
    I know what you're going through and so does anyone who cares deeply for their pet. They become part of the family. I've had German Shorthair Pointers previously and found them to be a great family pet in addition to an excellant upland bird dog. Soft mouth, work closer than an English and love the water. Too bad their coat isn't heavier to handle the cold water for duck hunting. I'm sure the antibiotics, modern technology and your care will be sucessful.

The 'Hummer' Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Broncomarco
    Hi guy. How's the dog doing?

The 'Hummer' Guest

The wife & I spent the last few days at Tofino & Long Beach and stayed @ Crystal Cove with another couple that are friends of ours. We had our Yellow Lab pup with us and it must've been a Yellow Lab 'convention'! There had to have been about five other groups with the same breed there. Our pup seems to have survived her bout with Cryptococcus but it wasn't easy. A very sad point of the weekend is one of the other couples, from Naniamo, with a Yellow Lab, their twenty-six year old son had recently passed away, from Cryptococcus. So, even though my pup has lost a lot of her sence of smell, at least I still have my dog. I can live with that.