Thread: Let me tell you about my little girl...

Let me tell you about my little girl...

Let me tell you about my little girl, or maybe just share some pride. We are close to the halfway point of the season and Zoe (Goldengun lucky zoe) is just past 8 months old. She's a small girl at 42lbs with tons of drive and desire to please and definitely a "sensitive" dog. We've had a pretty good season so far, with enough birds around to keep us both happy, however being her first year in the field those things that were run of the mill in the past are now special. Unlike my previous dogs, I have four goals for Zoe, one more then previous.

First off a good citizen and family member, after all even though I get out 40-50 days a year, She is part of our family for 365

Next is to be a good duck dog. Opener for us, 8 birds, 8 retrieves, some with help, some true marked retrieves

The new addition is more of a focus on a versatile dog. She can claim 8 pheasants retireved this year and 14 flushes to her credit and even worked well with my buddies BLM, diesel

And hopefully next year we'll start playing some dog games and see if we can get some letters next to her name.

An unexpected, and very pleasant side effect is that Sherrill and Hannah want to see Zoe work....I think it'd make a great christmas card?

Hannah wanted to go scare some ducks for Zoe, instead of sitting and waiting, cause that's boring Dad...

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Let me tell you about my little girl...

Quite proud of this retrieve, the creek is about as wide as a 2 lane street, the banks are fairly steep and about 12 feet high. I dropped a teal on the far side and with some coaxing (not handling yet in any way) she was able to get the bird and return

We got hit by a major cold snap last weekend and everything froze up. Before this slough did though we bumped some birds and ended up with 4 mallards in 2 shots, we all get lucky sometimes. Two were healthy cripples and she brought all four to hand without too much help, her first quad, of sorts.

Luckily we've got a lot of season still ahead of us, the cold snap has ended and things are thawing. Zoe is getting better and better all the time, and starting to understand her job. I'd say she's graduated from Smartpuppy and is now part way though force fetch following Smartworks. So far all signs point to her being one of those dogs, and I just hope I can help her along the path.

Very best,

Ian

And finally this morning, a still kicking greenhead

You are sooo lucky. Not trying to be weird but...I love your dog.
    if people of color do it, it's "affirmative action" "civil rights", etc, etc. If a bunch of white folks do it....its "racist" and "hate speech" quote Willyqbc

true hunter....story about his little girl and his daughters don't get a mention till halfway thru the post...lol...k.k...
    FULLY AUTOMATIC MANURE FLINGER

Nice pics Ian!
    Dan
    Buddi doing what she does best!

ian , those pictures just made my day.
    "I have no vampire experience, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got there, it had turned back into my neighbor's Dog," Dwight Schrute.

Great story and pics Ian...Looks like you have a fantastic little hunter on her way!!!

You should be very proud.
    Last edited by Chessieguy; 11-29-2010 at 04:03 AM.
    Member of:
    BC Wildlife Federation
    Delta Waterfowl
    Ducks Unlimited