Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: lost hound skagit

Re: lost hound skagit

Quote Originally Posted by longrifle View Post
    Good to hear!

Anyone know how far you can drive up that valley still with a 4wd truck? Thanks

rifle
    To the border, no chains needed!

Thumbs up Re: lost hound skagit

Quote Originally Posted by Barracuda View Post
    GOOD NEWS!!

DAMN
    Happy to hear that!
    Lost one of mine up the hill here for 10 bloody days. Was right Freaked, but never gave up on him. When I did eventually find him, he was so weak I had to carry him out. A full unit of plasma brought him back from the edge. And although I might try to pass myself off as one Tough Hombre, I will manly admit I shed more than a few tears of sheer joy when I did recover him.

Been watching this thread, and pulling for you...
    Best Ending possible! The eye-sting was close reading this.

Cheers,
    Matt
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

well just thought i would add to this .

She has healed her bits up (her raisen has grown back bigger LOL)
    Physically she is fine in fact she gained a bit to much weight back from to many treats and sofa time. (to much time doing nothing)

Took her with us up country last weekend for the first time out since we got her back.

Mentally it is a different story, she is pretty skittish warning barks at noises or things a distance away, unsure of people and backs away from them.
    protective of her personal space in the cab of the truck and she really HATES the Cold and Wind.

She is fine if people ignore her as she just hangs about and watches you but people try to interact or invade her space which she wants nothing to do with? (She is perfectly fine with us and acts normal with us)

I figure keep bringing her out even if i dont run her with the others and she will come back around and dont let people rattle her .

We hunt with a few folks in the spring and winter, take her to the local fair every year, go fishing in the boat docks etc etc so she is normally pretty good with people and getting out in general so it was a bit of a suprise to see her so skittish last week.

Hopefully she is back up to snuff come bear season it will be warmer and she has always done well on bears ..
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.”

i think she'll be fine come winter Kyle, I'd be a tad nervous to venture out that far myself after being out for that period of time in the cold.

defiantly need to run some bears together this spring!

I've seen things traumatize dogs before.
    Like people, they lose trust and takes a while to get it back (if they do)
    I would think spending time with her where she experienced her ordeal (the bush) just one on one, might help.
    A couple confidence boosters (like making a tree) will probably help too... yup bears aren't far off but enough of that talk, I'm enjoying the late snow
    Originally Posted by averagejoe
    thats pretty cool. i bet you get close to those cats some time when there low in the tree hey. when do they have kittens?? do you ever see baby cougars in the tree or do they hide in her pouch?

Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle
    ....I guess some peeps think a mother griz is like a crack whore ready to drop her baby at the first church door she sees...funny

i agree Andy, a couple trees with baying hounds should get her blood pumping again

Cut her a big fat steak for a good treat!!! Welcoming her home!