Thread: 21 Nov 2010 Mallard shoot

21 Nov 2010 Mallard shoot

With the dump of snow, need for sleep, I didn't get out yesterday but my dog was going off his head and I wanted to get him out today. Made a stop over at field marshal's place last night for a BS session and we decided to go out for a shoot this morning to give the dog a chance to fetch up some birds.

It was a dark morning surprisingly with all the snow on the ground and the birds didn't really start moving around until 9:00am. We saw many flocks of geese but non that were interested in stopping they just kept going on.

The morning started off great and we just couldn't miss until I made the comment that we have been doing great on shells at that point we must have had 8 birds and every shot counted. Field Marshall even pulled off a triple using his 20 gauge pump.

Then it began, 3 shots for one bird, two shots for one bird, 3 shots no bird. Not sure if it was overconfident or just caught off guard as they did a fly by with no warning. Some great shots were made and some "Lorne & Kyle" shots were made. We ended up limiting out around 11:00am with 12 drake and 4 hen mallards. The dog had lots of fun and exercise.

Oh that reminds me, Lorne & Kyle, not sure which one of you decided to empty your colon in the field last weekend but one of you owes me a bottle of dog shampoo and Field Marshal an apology for not digging a hole and burying it!

Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 21 Nov 2010 Mallard shoot

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Oh that reminds me, Lorne & Kyle, not sure which one of you decided to empty your colon in the field last weekend but one of you owes me a bottle of dog shampoo and Field Marshal an apology for not digging a hole and burying it!
    LOL I think might speak for kiel as well, " i wish we could say that was us.!!" that is some funny shiet! pun intended!

Nice shoot boys!

Lorne
    Last edited by lorneparker1; 11-21-2010 at 03:22 PM. Reason: wnated to add some more hilariousness

Nice shooting, was out today and the wind made shooting hard but my brother got his first so it was still great.

We had little to no wind but the snow started to fall. You can see a bit of snow falling in the picture against the dark brown of the dog.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

good hunt. congrats.
    FULLY AUTOMATIC MANURE FLINGER

Looks like a great time! Didn't get out this weekend at all, workin'.....and just got back from up north hunting whitetail Can't wait to get out next weekend, with this weather the birds will be hungry and are starting to find all the right places.

We didn't go to Cow Bay like we said. The weather was not near as cold as we had hoped.
    We did go to Duck Buster's stomping grounds with the boat. The mallards we got were well above the average size that we see. Lots of divers out on the big water side of the islands. Some of the scoters are so fat I am surprised they can fly. Spotted a few blue bills but not thousands like I would like to see.
    At home today with sick kids but going out tomorrow when it is supposed to be real cold. I love winter.
    Hooked on quack.