Thread: Little windy today

Little windy today

Little windy in the Pitt this morning, did a bit of a gut check and decided not to cross too much open water (small Jon boat and large teenagers). Found a sheltered spot and had a pretty good day. Seemed to be more birds moving, the wind I know, but they also seemed to be decoying better. Felt like the migrants might finally be here.
    Dave

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Little windy today

I tried to get out there today, went in but decided it was just too windy for my punt. Turned around and went home.

You're not kidding about the wind. Sure blows through the valleys. I agree on a bit of migrants lots of flocks moving and we did okay. I was shooting for sh*t early on but smartened up

Last edited by Crazy_Farmer; 11-20-2010 at 07:38 PM.

We got a dumping of snow last night and some power outages, my partner for this morning had to cancel to take care of things at home so it gave me an excuse to crawl back into bed until 11:00am. It's pretty sad when you get to the point where you'd rather sleep in then go hunting but work has been working me to the bone and on the verge of losing my sanity at times.

Heading out tomorrow morning for a mallard shoot, possibly some geese before the season shuts down if we get lucky. We did some scouting this afternoon and saw a dozen geese on the ground and several others flying in the direction so who knows with the snow on the ground.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

Was also on the pit today. Managed to cross to the island. Very windy and rough getting across. Managed a few, but was a tough day.