Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lil solo shoot in the snow

Lil solo shoot in the snow

Well, after a long work week and before a weekend training exercise with the local Army Cadet Corps. I decided to sneak a morning shoot in, the only problem is the boss lady doesn’t finish work till 0715. Which put me arriving at the field 5 minutes after sunrise, I drive to the back field. Load my handcart and boogie through the field, I round the corner to the sheet I intended to setup on and kick up approx 60ish birds. I think to myself this should be good. 15 minutes later I have my spread out and I’m sitting in the layout. Another 3 minutes and the first birds are locked up on final. I whack the drake, Suzie got a pass . I pick off a drake here and a drake there, shooting only at pairs and singles, leaving the flocks for later. Then the wind and snow picks up and the birds hunker down. After about 20 minutes of nothing moving, a big flock of teal come in I see a nice looking drake figure he should prolly take a nap. I end up with a double, on the drake and a Suzie.
    After that I decided to fill my bag and go home so the boss can have a nap and the kids can have some daddy time. I whack the other 3 Suzie’s and bail out. All said and done, back home before 10

Oh; Marc and Field you'll be happy to know that I only fired 10 shells today

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Farmer View Post
    Yeah but your opinions wrong, so everyone here had to let you know that. Have a nice day.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Lil solo shoot in the snow

a very nice limit on ducks
    "I have no vampire experience, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got there, it had turned back into my neighbor's Dog," Dwight Schrute.

Impressive all around.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..

Great looking shoot 303...looks like a blast...
    Member of:
    BC Wildlife Federation
    Delta Waterfowl
    Ducks Unlimited

Thanks guys, it was a pretty good morning. There was another group shooting in the next field over. But they didn't do much shooting, not sure if they were after geese. The geese didn't get up till after I got back to the pavement.

Yeah but your opinions wrong, so everyone here had to let you know that. Have a nice day.

Good shoot! Hoping to get out this weekend as the dog is healed up and raring to get out get him some duck.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Good shoot! Hoping to get out this weekend as the dog is healed up and raring to get out get him some duck.

Nice good luck, the weather should be prime. As the ole saying goes "If it ain't raining we ain't training "

Nice shooting Kiel.. I wasn't home this morning, so I missed hearing you shoot..Oh well, at least you had a better morning than I did.

Nice shooting !

Found some ammo with "PELLETS" this time eh Kiel??
    Nicely done!!
    Cheers, Field Marshal.