Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Alberta bound

Re: Alberta bound

It looks like it's going to start warming up later in the week. Might make it a little more bearable for your hunt.

Hope you get a pig of a whitie and mulie.

Good luck mate - I'm sure you will have a great time no matter what.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"It is astonishing how much room there is in the air around a duck!"

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!- Rudyard Kipling

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers to do incredibly stupid things- AH (1941)- Harry Reid (aka Smeagle) 2012

This is where I come from (click)

Hi Joe..I dont care..I can handle down to - 30 pretty well..after that..

Hope it stays cold enough..

Hi Mike...I love these ALberta trips..this year Im kinda hoping to sit for the entire dark till dark thing...I personally think ya cant be sneakier or quieter than sitting....let the animals do the moving and other hunters do the pushing...

I checked out the first area you and your son were at this fall by the lake..seen 6 mule deer bucks..one was 150 class...however really big body..hope we can arrange to get you 2 guys up here for a decent black bear....this time Ill come out with you guys...

steven

Man o man Steve. with the range of those radios Randy and I are going to be able to set you up then head back into town and sit our arse in the Hot Tub and watch wild TV until you call about the Buck down.!!

Hopefully you will see some Elk this time and pretty much a guarantee you will see Moose. Emily may join us on the weekend, Randy bought her a 243 !!

Does your Blind come with a rifle rest?? I will pack the tobogan for carrying gear and sliding Deer back to the truck. Its up to you to Post pictures for these Folks !!! Deal??

Good luck Steven. Those big Alberta deer should fill up the freezer quickly.

fozzy is offline hunting 4 a decent Mulie

Good luck out there Steven Sounds like you have a great trip planned. Have you been to the bass pro store in Calgary? Worth a visit there just to see the mounts if you havn't been before.
    Fozzy

Hi Phil..rest I dont need no sting rest..lol OOOOHHH gun rest..

Fozzy Phil has that store on our hit list..cant think of anything I dont have that I could possibly need..

Sheesh last time I went to ALberta to sit in the stand..Phil told me he has arranged a Buddy heater for the stand..I climbed up in there and there was a 30'sh great looking sweetheart who told me SHE was my new hunting ":buddy" and her only concern was I stay warm...lol..oh ya I got a BUCK too...

cheers
    Steven

fozzy is offline hunting 4 a decent Mulie

That would be a great heater, probably make too much noise and not see any deer though.
    I didn't buy anything at Bass Pro but enjoyed looking around, lots to see with the aquarium and taxidermy and the laser rifles were fun too.

hmmm the one I have doesnt have any batteries..just heat whisper quiet

as for the 30 year old heater WAAAAAY toooooo much nooooooooooooooooiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssssssssssssss eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

Steven
    Last edited by srupp; 11-20-2010 at 11:49 AM.

Yup its cold and looks like it is going to stay that way for at least a week.
    The good news is the boys are seeing some Big Whitetails with their nose to the ground doing the cross country wander looking for their Ladies.