Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Alberta bound

Re: Alberta bound

Quote Originally Posted by ArticWolf View Post
    ..rather interested in Ur post...it just confirms my thoughts pertaining to knowledge of Alberta's government has when it comes to the study of wolves in populated areas containing deer,moose, or even the precious caribou...it is a proven fact that wolves thin out the herds from the weak and the sick/injured..but..that isn't good enough is it when it comes down to the mighty 'dollar'..nope, your politicians has to pin the depletion of herds that carry the most $$$$ from the hunters and so ..blame it on the top of the food chain..quite typical!

Wolves can and will kill anything they can sink their teeth into. Clean out an area and then move on.

I think you're barking up the wrong tree on this site

SSS
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

Arcticwolf, you get around.....lol.... How is your white Shepard?

Looking forward to your story and pics, Srupp.

Thumbs up Re: Alberta bound

Steve,

First - I am envious. Due to a host of matters beyond my control, I had to hand my Alberta guiding packages over to a Buddy this year as I simply cannot make it. SUCKS ROYALLY and stings like hell let me tell you!

Second - The method you are discussing (Blind) has long been a mainstay in the camps I haunt out there and in Saskatchewan. In fact I prefer that to most other options once a good area has been identified (as I assume you have folks doing for/with you). And I have seen more game doing that than any other. Methinks you will find it both comfortable and exhilarating at the same time. Have had a great many occasions when the animals were so bloody close I literally could have reached out and touched them, and have had up to 40 whitetails within range at one of those special moments in time! Patience is very much a virtue doing this, but methinks you are well up for the job!

Sorry to hear about the empty freezer. Give me a shout when you get back, and I'll toss some of my smoked salmon or maybe even some cold smoked tuna your way. Methinks you will enjoy!

Best of Luck out East Buddy! I'll certainly be thinking of you while you're away, and damn well wishing I was there myself!
    Hope to soon see a few pictures of an Excellent Adventure!!

Cheers,
    Matt

PS: Halibut this summer?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Well looks like I got a few of Albertains all riddled up..hooray!

..first off I'll direct my words to you 'Stone Sheep Steve'..now I've not checked to see where you are from..BC or Alberta,..however..wolves only move when the food source has been pushed out of it's territory and so they will follow the source. As far as eating everything in sight..don't you as an intelligent animal, well so do they if given the opportunity, but as I stated you are intelligent I'm hoping to know that the almighty buck rules Alberta and elsewhere as well, so where would the blame go..to the ppl who caused it in the first place or to some animal who can not defend itself ..and no sir..I don't 'bark up any tree'..

..guess you are next..
    Walking Buffalo..considering you checked out my blog old man..I'll have you know she cost me a pretty penny..but seriously now that we both had a laugh, I am interested in your comments in the other post, will you elaborate on it for me?

Before this goes any farther...Srupps..please accept my apologizes for disrupting your thread...it was not my intention to do so........
    ..............................ArticWolf.

Alberta bound

Steve ,Randy and I are just as excited for you getting here !! We have snow on the ground and some cool temperatures this time. Sorry I cant guarantee a Meteorite shower again but you never know.
    There has been some Toads hitting the ground, Lets hope we can join the club.

My brother and family have taken 4 Bucks off his place out West and the 2 Biggest ones are still there and no more Whitetail tags, But go figure he cant find a Moose this fall and last fall there were 8 different Bulls.!! Guess what else ,Theres Wolves that have shown up on his Foothills area. They tipped one over while calling in a Buck and we have plans to work some more over This Winter !!!
    Randy set Shane up on a Bull Moose out East today but the shot was not there so that Bull still roams the sandhills. we will have to look that Bull up next year for you Bro.
    See ya soon. Aaron and i will have 4 days of scouting in before you arrive.

Oh bring your space heater and hand held video games for the Blind on top of the hill to keep you occupied ...

Thanks Bro...I did remember to put down on my list BUDDY space heater abd propane cylinders ...as well as the MSR stove for some hot tea..DAMN forgot to put down the thermos for coffee...

Hmmm as for moose I always see LOTS of moose when out in Alberta..one day 5 bulls at once on a bald ass little hill...

Ironnoggin....I literally just drove in from Kamloops..surgeons visit...$400 for 6 minutes visit.. DAMN WCB..

still need 2 knee surgeries, and 2 shoulder surgeries, plus one elbow..and the T spine....hope to hell to make it out for some hali next summer..sounds like a plan.....

cheers
    Steven

Best of luck, Steven. Looking forward to the pictures and stories.

getting the cold weather survival gear ready..the temp has really plummeted overnight..brrrrrrr

But thats EXACTLY what I want for Alberta..to be out there late Nov- Early Dec...with snow and cold..and a mulie and a whitie tag..the mulie tyrophy tag being the special tag to try and PHil..I mean fill..lol

steven

CRAP !!!!! cant believe the amount of shyte..er gear one needs??? for these endevours...

I recently "aquired" one of those Blood trackers light..I had one of the earlier versions however this one seems better??? as well a infrared heat detector..

Got a grunt tube, and a set of small white tail antlers for rattling..cant find any whitetail doe in heat..or mulie doe in heat for the tampons.. so will pick that up when I get out there..dusted off the chair tent..awesome little setup..

Susans shopping for grub to pre-make some of the meals..I found a AWESOME set of whitetail white camo to go over my winter gear..and even found a military white insulated face mask to keep my nose from freezing off..

Gonna use the Browning .270 with 140 grain bullets..pretty good out to 500 yards..if its any further thats when Phil does his best work....

Boots are good to - 100,,ya really..so sitting should be toasty..and IF the Buddy heater is needed..so be it..

Got some GMRS radios..ummmm "pretty powerful..." on that open Alberta range they are the new Midlands..good to 36 miles..so should do pretty good for the much smaller distances we need..have 5 of em..so its a party..especially for deer drives... each has its own earbud and mike boom..

clothing looks good optics are top notch..seems to be coming together slowly..ever so slowly... takes more days to get ready, get gear together charge stuff..organize stuff..plan..than the hunt is long..and then the clean up...hopefully there will be some butchering involved.. am taking my own butchering knives just in case...

Biggest difference I have found is those Alberta White tails love to RUN..I have never ever had a reason to shoot at a running big game animal in BC but my biggest Whitetail with Scott and Phil was them doing a deer drive..and this buck busted out of the cheap seats doing Mach 2.5 I heard him for 2 minutes or more before he came screaming past me..all I had time to do was confirm whitetail..check...buck...check and BOOM..great shot if ya consider through the HIND QUARTERS a good shot.. me?? just happy not to have completely missed..after that I got some good natured "instructions " from Andy, Scott, Phil on shooting at running whitetails..see how good I remembered and can put this into action...

Geoff G . will be up there also hunting with Andy so may hope to run into them also...

Ok back to packing and dreaming..

Steven