Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Left handed 12 gauge for waterfowl?

Left handed 12 gauge for waterfowl?

My (left handed) son has asked me (so I'm asking you) for advise on what to buy for waterfowl hunting. There's not too many guns for "lefties" on the market! Any comments or suggestions? We"ve both looked at a BHP bottom ejector 3" and 3.5" with 30" and 28" barrels on line but don't know anyone who shoots one. He wants to shoot when he comes home from Yellowknife at Christmas. There is nothing up north for him to physically hold. Lefties unite, help!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Left handed 12 gauge for waterfowl?

i have an 870 pump in a left, I like it only in a 2 3/4 or 3 though,

If you are looking for a semi, the Benelli Super Black Eagle is the only one I believe. I purchased it and am happy with it. It is a little pricey if you are looking at pumps.

Piledriver. BPS (Browning) they do both bottom feed/bottom eject top tang safety and come in 3 1/2" chamber.

the 870 and the BPS are two good options. but I would get him to shoulder both of them and he will know which one fits better.
    "you know there are a lot of mountain bikers in the area" she looked at me weird when I said back to her " Thats fine, I'm not hunting mountain bikers today" Brambles

Quote Originally Posted by 358win View Post
    Piledriver. BPS (Browning) they do both bottom feed/bottom eject top tang safety and come in 3 1/2" chamber.
    x2 on BPS, good field gun.
    Do Good ...and forget about it..

I love my "Precious". I have used and abused my Rem. 870 LH for a dozen years or so. It's worked with me for ducks, geese, bear, deer, grouse, quail, and deserves it's "Precious" status. For the money, especially with the factory discount right now, the 870 is a good buy.

Have him give a double a try. Some lefties (eg . my son) need the left mount for eye dominance but find the pumping with the left arm/hand awkward--- a problem which a double eliminates.

Used to shoot a Remington 1100 southpaw but it's 2 3/4" full choke for lead.

Now I've got a BPS, it seems to be doing the trick! This is its second season of heavy field use, and it is standing up quite well.

Although I DO like a nice o/u...come on Santa!!!
    Whatever...I'm going hunting

Quote Originally Posted by Islandbowhunter View Post
    Used to shoot a Remington 1100 southpaw but it's 2 3/4" full choke for lead.

Now I've got a BPS, it seems to be doing the trick! This is its second season of heavy field use, and it is standing up quite well.

Although I DO like a nice o/u...come on Santa!!!
    I'm still using the same BPS after 25+ yrs. of about as hard a use as a duck gun gets.