Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Out of province?

Out of province?

We're planning on taking our holidays the last week of Oct. first week of Nov. and going to go to visit relatives in Pincher Creek Al. and then drive to Fort St.John to go hunting with the father inlaw. My question is, I would like to go hunting in Pincher (there property has lots of game running around and it backs onto the foothills of the rockies) and want to know how you go about hunting out of province and if I got anything, how much hassle it would be traveling back to BC. Is there too much red tape and BS too make it worth while or what ???

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Out of province?

there is no BS if you are legal and buy the required tags in the province you are hunting

If you have a valid Bc Hunter # the tags will just cost you more

Quote Originally Posted by Hank Hunter
    there is no BS if you are legal and buy the required tags in the province you are hunting
    You don't need a local or a guide? Just pay for your tags and go? Thanks Terry.

as i undrstand it you have to be with a resident hunter, but dont quote me on that
    Hunt to live-live to hunt!

you need a win card and a host is what they call it and they have to be a resident with a valid license.They have to carrie your license and tags for you.

I just sent away for the Alberta regs via e-mail. I'll be going with my brother inlaw and the only thing I'm unsure of is the WIN card. Thank for all your replys, it's appreciated.

A win card is a " Wildlife Identification Number" like your BC Resident Hunter #. The cost to you is approx. $8.00 (cheap) and its good for a few years( I think 5). You can get it at any hunting/fishing outlet including Walmart in Alberta.you need a host to sponser you and its around $25 for the permit and then your tags are extra. Check into there "Draw" system as you are eligible for that in some areas-you host has to apply for you.
    Good Luck.
    Mik

Thanks MIK

I beleive its the same as BC, you need to be accompanied by a local hunter, and they need to get permision to do it, I do know that we can put in for their draws with a resident too. I'm hoping to find somebody to host me on a antelope draw

Kirby
    Huuked on foniks wurked fur me

Quote Originally Posted by StoneChaser
    Biggest problem with a debate on ethics is the simple fact that ethics are like underwear...everybody has 'em, but some are a little shittier than others