View Poll Results: What Type of Arrow Rest Do You Use? (multiple choice)

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • Plastic tab (or the bow's shelf)

5 4.03%
  • Shoot Thru

5 4.03%
  • Whisker Biscuit

55 44.35%
  • Other Containment Rest such as the "Mantis"

5 4.03%
  • Drop Away Rest

57 45.97%
  • Specialty Rest

3 2.42%
  • Pressure Plunger (shoot around) Rest

2 1.61%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What type of arrow rest do you use?

Re: What type of arrow rest do you use?

I just put the third rest in 6 months on my PSE Axe 6, (yes I have had bad luck but I will post that story another day) and this one is definitely my favorite so far. I had to send my second rest to the factory for a replacement but knew it wouldn’t be back in time for Dec 1 bow season. Since this will be my only hunting this season I didn’t want to miss it and picked up the G5 Expert 2.

Installation was dirt simple, I used the ‘eyeball’ method of setting the rest parallel to the alignment marks on the bow‘s shelf adn adjusted 1/8” nock high.

Maybe I got lucky in my setup but it took me only a few shots to zero the bow. My field points and broadheads shot exactly to the same POI out to 50m (as far as I have tested it so far) without any additional rest tuning. I will walkback tune tomorrow and shoot broadheads out to 80m to be totally sure it is in tune but I think this rest is going to stay on my bow even when I get my other replacement!

This rest is super accurate, extremely quiet and smooooth. The stick-on arrow retainer is easy to load and it holds the arrow tight, and the arrow doesn't jump off the launcher when I draw. Overall this is my favorite rest so far and definitely worth checking out.

Cheers
    All the good lines are already taken

[que=Ike;798321]I just put the third rest in 6 months on my PSE Axe 6, (yes I have had bad luck but I will post that story another day) and this one is definitely my favorite so far. I had to send my second rest to the factory for a replacement but knew it wouldn’t be back in time for Dec 1 bow season. Since this will be my only hunting this season I didn’t want to miss it and picked up the G5 Expert 2.

Installation was dirt simple, I used the ‘eyeball’ method of setting the rest parallel to the alignment marks on the bow‘s shelf adn adjusted 1/8” nock high.

Maybe I got lucky in my setup but it took me only a few shots to zero the bow. My field points and broadheads shot exactly to the same POI out to 50m (as far as I have tested it so far) without any additional rest tuning. I will walkback tune tomorrow and shoot broadheads out to 80m to be totally sure it is in tune but I think this rest is going to stay on my bow even when I get my other replacement!

This rest is super accurate, extremely quiet and smooooth. The stick-on arrow retainer is easy to load and it holds the arrow tight, and the arrow doesn't jump off the launcher when I draw. Overall this is my favorite rest so far and definitely worth checking out.

Cheers[/quote]
    What were the first two that did not work out?

Quote Originally Posted by Stéphane View Post
    I just bought of ebay a Mantis for $35 shipped. I'm still thinking about getting the QAD and put the Mantis on the old bow (sporting a top of the line plastic tab at the moment) if I 'm not thrilled about it. Time will tell. Hope to get my new bow soon!!!!

I use a Hostage, but only because nobody around me carries the Mantis, and I'm too cheap to pay more for postage than for the product. :-/
    If anyone knows someone who carries Mantis in the Skeena area. . .

Seal fur....dont' tell Paul Watson..

Stephane, everyone here is assuming that you intend to use a release aid with your new bow. If that is the case then some form of containment drop away is probably your best bet. If you still intend to shoot with fingers from your compound (Chuck Adams and I are two of the few that still do) then you want a long ata bow and a side pressure rest. I use the NAP centerest.

I love my NAP Apache drop away with great containment!
    http://www.amazon.com/New-Archery-Pr...2201143&sr=1-1

Last edited by Riverbc; 11-24-2011 at 11:08 PM.
    I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumsehwah View Post
    I use a Hostage, but only because nobody around me carries the Mantis, and I'm too cheap to pay more for postage than for the product. :-/
    If anyone knows someone who carries Mantis in the Skeena area. . .
    you can have mine. It has been in my tackle box for almost a year, and I can't see myself using it.

The rests on my bows are an APA Twister on my Maxxis 31, a Fuse Acculaunch blade rest on my Maxxis 35, and a Hoyt Tec prong rest on the Alpha Max 32 which I just put on today. I may pick up a whisker biscuit just to have around, I had one on my Martin bow and had no problems with it, would be great for hunting.
    The Fuse and Hoyt rest are made to fit the newer Hoyt risers perfect, they just mold around it. Well Cheers guys and Gals. Roscoe

i use a drop away/capture rest. its the cats a@@. its a 360 capture rest as well as a drop away rest. its called a scizzor rest.
    majorguns

Wb here, After a few thousand shots through it I have never had to replace fletching due to wb wear. My groups touch at 40 yards so I shoot spots, I did have to replace a few fletches when I was shooting groups only because they got knocked off by the next arrow not the wb... I do use blazers which are more durable.