View Poll Results: What Type of Arrow Rest Do You Use? (multiple choice)

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • Plastic tab (or the bow's shelf)

5 4.03%
  • Shoot Thru

5 4.03%
  • Whisker Biscuit

55 44.35%
  • Other Containment Rest such as the "Mantis"

5 4.03%
  • Drop Away Rest

57 45.97%
  • Specialty Rest

3 2.42%
  • Pressure Plunger (shoot around) Rest

2 1.61%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What type of arrow rest do you use?

What type of arrow rest do you use?

On my quest to buy a new bow, I'm also trying my a decision regarding the arrow rest. On my prehistoric bow, it's only a plastic tab, but I'd like to get on with the program and get better technology.

I would like to know the reasoning behind your choice.
    For example
    Martin has the"Mantis" which is a containment rest that doesn't damage the vanes like the whisker biscuit, but keeps it in place like it.

Also, how much did it cost you? Do you use one type for target practice and one type for hunting?

Thanks,

SG
    Last edited by Stéphane; 11-06-2010 at 08:30 AM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: What type of arrow rest do you use?

I like the APA twister ... Containment/dropaway built into one, fairly bullet proof , No brushes to wear like the Octane Hostage ... expect about a hundy price tag

That said I personally use a Trophy Taker Original on my hunting bow, Reason being its tried tested and true, they are simple, for a dropaway they have little moving parts and they are tough, Trophy Taker has several differant models to choose from including some containment models. My original will set you back about 60 bucks ... other models can go up from there

The Mantis looks interesting ... Like a re-vamp of an old Bodoodle design, being full contact rest thou it wont be as forgiving as a dropaway ie: shooter induced tourqe will show up in your shot with that normally woudnt with a drop away
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

I use the whisker biscuit and it seems to do the job just great. I have never had a problem over the 5 years and have taken several deer. seems to be consistant when practising and I love the fact that you can have an arrow knocked and it wont fall off the rest.

whisker biscuit..full containment, does not affect arrow flight.
    Somebody call a doctor!!! It's been longer than 4 hours!!

Hey , What about "Off The Shelf"?
    Cheers
    REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab on --

Group Memberships.

Traditional Bowhunters of BC
    Abbotsford Fish and Game Club
    BCWF
    United Bowhunters of BC

Bow Walker Guest

I voted for the "Shoot through" because I use the APA Safari Twister on both my hunting bow and on my target bow. Both bows are compound bows. Expect to pay $100 - $120, depending on the retailer.
    http://www.apaarchery.com/arrow-rests-twister.html

The Safari Twister - as BZM says is a full containment/drop away rest. Technically it's a "twist-away" rest that offers full containment and zero fletching contact. It is a breeze to set up and to maintain.

The only other rest that I'd consider is the QAD Ultra-rest (about $130 - $150).
    http://www.qadinc.com/shop/index.php?cPath=21

Bow Walker Guest

The Q.A.D. Ultra-Rest

The Safari Twister by APA.

I use the Trophy Taker Extreme TS FC. I also have another bow with a Wisker Biscuit. I really like both.
    I won't always be young, but I can be immature forever

Off the Shelf!!!

When I had a compound bow I used the whisker biscuit and loved it. Functioned perfectly overtime.

I have a couple new compound bows on order from Limbsaver, the Proton which is back ordered till the new year, and a Deadzone Lite 30". I am going to try a drop-away rest on these bows and see how it goes. Ordered up the Limbsaver Fall Away rest.

Last edited by The Hermit; 11-06-2010 at 11:38 PM.
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

I am using dropaways on my two bows.

I had bad luck with the QAD Hunter model on my Axe6, so I replaced it with a Trophy Taker Smackdown FC. TT works well.

I put the QAD onto my older (slower) bow. It works but on it but it is starting to stick badly during the final last bit of cocking movement, seems it might be packing it in after only 6 months of use If I went with QAD again it would be the Ultra

BZM and BW where do you get the APA rests from?
    Cheers
    All the good lines are already taken