Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ordering from wholesale sports

ordering from wholesale sports

just wondering if anybody orders hunting/fishing stuff online or through mail? does wholesale sports seem to have the best prices? i've heard of other places but don't remember the names.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: ordering from wholesale sports

Order from Russel Sports, better service IMO,

Scuba......another to try is SIR Mailorder out of Winnipeg,

www.sirmailorder.ca

and there is always Cabelas south of the border www.cabelas.com I have never ordered from them so I am not sure all the details with bringing up from the states, but that have a huge selection.

If you do a search of the forums there were some threads in the past of people having poor experiences with some outfits which you may want to have a look at prior to ordering.
    Last edited by MB_Boy; 05-24-2006 at 06:33 PM.

Also check Russells Sports out of Calgary and S.I.R. from Winnipeg.

Had dealings with all 3, prefer shopping in person, but had good success in mail order with all 3...

LeBarons I guess would be my 1st or 2nd pick..Russels !st
    Only stupid people are never wrong.

We ordered our Mossberg 835 12 gauge from wholesale, fast shipping, good service.

I am going to try Russells next from my 30-06, I dont mind paying an extra 5 cents .
    Si vis pacem para bellum
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thumbs up Re: ordering from wholesale sports

Id only order from Wholesale Sports if Russell Sports didnt have what I wanted in stock

http://www.russellsports.com/
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

I'd re-order from SIR (1st choice), LeBarons (2nd choice), or Wholesale (distant 3rd, but they've certainly never done anything to me bad enough to make me not order from them again). My only complaint with Wholesale, is that they don't (or at least haven't for me) ship the stuff the same day you order it. There's some kind of order processing thing they've got that takes a couple days.

I've never ordered from Russells - so I can't comment on them. Probably I will order some nick-nacks from them sometime soon, just so I know what they're like to deal with.
    "...the truth will make you free." John 8:32

Never knew about any of the others but Cabelas has always been good to me. I always mention I have to pay duty and ask 'if they can do a little better' and they usually give me 5-10% off if you ask nicely. I've ordered a summit climbing tree stand ($340 to my door, same one was $450+ everywhere I looked here), numerous accessories for it, leupold alumina flip back scope caps ($65 cdn each here, got em for under $100 to my door) and lots of other accessories.
    These websites for the other companies look good too though

I always used Russells but last time I tried to order powder they told me they would not ship it anymore