Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do you hunt?

Re: Why do you hunt?

Its in my blood......to many good things about hunting to list, it would be a long post.

"i Hunt Therefore I Am"

You know what your family is eatting. Do you think raised cattle have safe injection sites?
    Being out amongst the elements is also a whole different feeling of accomplishment providing for you family. Somehow I dont get this feeling at the grocery store, maybe cause I am checking out the women in the grocery store.

I hunt for the thrill of course, but I also know that what I pay for my license, tag, bullet, and gas, can't buy me 500 plus lbs of meat at Safeway either. And it's way healthier than eating store bought meat too !!

Bow Walker Guest

Read my sig line - it about covers it for me.

#1 for food because I also dislike store bought meat.

But the best thing about it for me is getting into the bush, hiking around the hills and clearing my mind of the day to day BS we deal with in life. Its just me and nature in the bush and it really recharges my "soul". I just wish I could do more of it.
    "From Covid to Hitler in 16 posts. Not today folks"

“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.” ― George Orwell

Quakee Surpee Neekoo

~ If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting. ~
    Originally Posted by Kechika Proof of sex means your buddy has to take pictures of you pleasuring your deer

Non-Hunter:
    How could you shoot such a beautiful animal, what makes someone like you want to kill things?

Me:
    Have you ever held your child in your arms while they have stopped breathing because they went into anaphylatic shock eating beef from your local grocery store? Have you ever had to watch your child go through multitudes of testing to try and determine the cause, the ingredient, the reason this allergic reaction has happend? Until you have been through the horror of going through this, you may never understand why people hunt. For me it is a life choice for my family, there is something in the grain, antibiotics, feed that farm animals receive that my child is allergic to, I hunt to keep her alive. Venison is the greatest organic meat u can get and you are the only person to handle it. I don't hunt to kill, I hunt to harvest, I am a wildlife conservationalist and I only hunt what I will eat. She's my reason

End of Story

Usually shuts them up very quickly.
    Last edited by newhunterette; 11-04-2010 at 07:21 PM.

A Real Southern Canadian Beaver &
    I am Proud to be 100% Canadian "Y'ALL"
    + 110% Redneck Woman "Yehaww"

redneck wedding vow: til huntin season do we part
    watch Alison's Kitchen on "Nice Fish Pro Staff" with Gary Cooper

decended from a long line of hunterholics,for me its tradition,it started in this country in the late 1700 hundreds when my great great great great grandad can over from France and landed in monteal.He homesteaded and the family slowly moved west ,always liveing in rural areas and always hunted for substanance.I carry on this tradition now with my sons and my mom and dad still hunted this yr again and thier 78 and 80 yrs young.I could go buy my meat at a supermarket but it just wouldnt be the same!

Quote Originally Posted by newhunterette View Post
    Non-Hunter:
    How could you shoot such a beautiful animal, what makes someone like you want to kill things?

Me:
    Have you ever held you child in your arms while they have stopped breathing because they went into anaphylatic shock eating beef from your local grocery store? Have you ever had to watch your child go through multitudes of testing to try and determine the cause, the ingredient, the reason this allergic reaction has happend? Until you have been through the horror of going through this, you may never understand why people hunt. For me it is a life choice for my family, there is something in the grain, antibiotics, feed that farm animals receive that my child is allergic to, I hunt to keep her alive. Venison is the greatest organic meat u can get and you are the only person to handle it. I don't hunt to kill, I hunt to harvest, I am a wildlife conservationalist and I only hunt what I will eat. End of story.

Usually shuts them up very quickly.

Ha Ha...that's a pretty good response. I bet it shuts them up fast.

Me, I hunt because beer tastes so much better after hunting than any other time.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!