Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 3-20 moose story

Re: 3-20 moose story

Cows and calves being shot all over now but hey it's leh and we need to see where this goes down the road a ways the MOE is pretty good in BC.
    I trust our men and women on the job and will continue to support all wildlife initiatives by our trained staff in BC.
    Jel .. Put those hands together for our BC MOE and give them a thumbs up ..

Quote Originally Posted by Matty_ola View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but when you say "traditionally-used areas" Where and how is one supposed to define that? Am I to understand that they can hunt wherever they like without regulation? Or are they only allowed to hunt without restrictions on "Indian band reserves" Being as the area you describe is not reserve, how can they take game that is not part of the GOS?

Sounds like the statement "traditionally-used areas" Needs to be defined a little better.
    we are given traditional hunting areas which in some cases are large, i believe mine goes from squamish to far end of harrison to yale/spuzzum area to coquehalla to sunday summit. after that I must comply with all the Tag Regulations, in many other provinces I can go and hunt as if in my territory, like alberta etc,

I am thankful for this Blessing for it feeds my family, I know many people on this site believe its wrong, and your free to feel that way, but I have great respect for my fellow hunters and wish a successful hunt for you all

I agree that MOE does a good job given the poor quality tools they are given. However the crown is very reluctant to go to court with FNs so not many convictions happen.

They are not allowed to hunt freely anywhere but their traditional territory and many bands do not give permission to other FNs but some use the status card and get away with a lot when questioned by authorities.

Its time those bands start working with MOE to stop the bad practices and preserve the resource like they spout.

They are allowed to kill game in any lawful open season anywhere in BC without a tag or license except for LEH.

This would be acceptable except they can kill as many animals as they want and thus the easy practice of selling happens.

Lots of solid and respectful posts.
    To fairly comment on the ethics of this post for sure the whole story with all the facts is required. Anything less is hearsay.

So who knows this could be one of those within the rules things that has potential to be a feel good story. The alternative is very obvious.
    Blacktailaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Mooseter View Post
    I agree that MOE does a good job given the poor quality tools they are given. However the crown is very reluctant to go to court with FNs so not many convictions happen.

They are not allowed to hunt freely anywhere but their traditional territory and many bands do not give permission to other FNs but some use the status card and get away with a lot when questioned by authorities.

Its time those bands start working with MOE to stop the bad practices and preserve the resource like they spout.

They are allowed to kill game in any lawful open season anywhere in BC without a tag or license except for LEH.

This would be acceptable except they can kill as many animals as they want and thus the easy practice of selling happens.

It makes me sick that there are Natives that kind of paint all of us with the same brush, but no amount of money is worth it, in my teenage years I worked selling fish illegally but got out of it because I knew it was wrong and did not want something like that ruin any chance of getting a decent Job.
    I have had this past year a Taxi Driver(needed for my Job) ask to pay me for meat, without hesitation I said no, privilages are not to be wasted and I hope those that break or bend the law are stopped because native or Caucasion we dont need to supply the Anti hunters any more ammo, because more and more hunting is in the public eye something they want banned.

I remember a TED Nugent hunting Video that he said we should spend less time fighting our fellow hunters on personal preference, personal ethics etc and focus on keeping all our rights to harvest meat and trophies for generartions to come

should the Lord Tarry.

crazy storie

I bumped into the same thing a few years back. Father and son native guys were hunting and I heard the shot so I went to investigate. We had met earlier and they said they were looking for a bull moose. So when I caught up to them I asked what did you shoot? They sheepishly didn't answer right away. When they did finally answer that they shot a cow, I was pissed and tore off on my atv. After I calmed down I went back to help retrieve the cow because it was dead already. The 70 year old dad held the legs while the son did the work. We loaded it whole minus the guts into their truck. I laid it on pretty thick that this cow would have increased the moose population by 10 or more animals in the next 10 years.
    I hope the forestry de-activates more roads. Save a few cow moose.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

Quote Originally Posted by tigrr View Post
    I bumped into the same thing a few years back. Father and son native guys were hunting and I heard the shot so I went to investigate. We had met earlier and they said they were looking for a bull moose. So when I caught up to them I asked what did you shoot? They sheepishly didn't answer right away. When they did finally answer that they shot a cow, I was pissed and tore off on my atv. After I calmed down I went back to help retrieve the cow because it was dead already. The 70 year old dad held the legs while the son did the work. We loaded it whole minus the guts into their truck. I laid it on pretty thick that this cow would have increased the moose population by 10 or more animals in the next 10 years.
    I hope the forestry de-activates more roads. Save a few cow moose.
    When I was a kid way back when and long before the pine beetle epidemic I hunted 3-20 with my dad when it was still any bull. I remember when they caught a white guy who shot 30 plus moose that year and was selling the meat. As pissed as I get at the natives their are bad in all groups. I just don’t like cows being shot!! That’s our future.

Why bring back a thread where the OP admits he does not really know the facts. There are quite a few of these threads in the last week. All about acts by natives that may or may not have happened.Third party stories,rumours etc. No doubt that some of these illegal actions occur but lets keep the threads about facts, not about tumours.

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    Would have been fun to hear what the 6 yr old would say when asked
    'who shot the moose ?'
    Myself, I would have left as soon as I realized what was on the ground.
    “Kids say the darndest things” haha. I have to agree that had I been in the same situation you described I would have walked away had it been anything other than an immature moose. I find when you get that feeling that somethings just not quite right with a situation, you’re usually correct.

Slightly off topic but why does it seam that most animals taken by First Nations have the head removed?