Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Day two with Field marshal and myself

Re: Day two with Field marshal and myself

Do not put that bird in pantyhose, thats one of the worsts things you can do to birds for taxidermy.

Nice shoot fellas! I second the pantyhose. Don't do it. Most taxidermist say cool the bird, bend the head under the wing or along the body, and wrap it in plastic/paper to protect it and get all the air out. Remeber you are trying to prevent freezer burn. So the same things apply that would with food. Not sure if you'd put some fresh salmon in pantyhose Here are some links

http://www.nwwings.com/trophy-field-care.php

http://www.sportsmanstaxidermy.com/Trophy_Care.html

http://www.birdmanstudios.com/field_...ield_care.html

OK let me clarify the process a bit more because some of you are missing something. It's in a nylon with it's head tucked under its wing and sealed in a vacuum seal food saver bag. Not to the point where it's sucking all the blood out of the pellet holes but enough to get most of the air out of the bag. I also put paper towel around any wound and the beak to prevent leakage when thawing. I didn't just put it in a nylon and tossed it in the freezer.

I did up a pintail in the same manner, was frozen this way for over 10 months and will post pictures of it once it's done. (within a week or so!)
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

Not sure about someone who dresses up their birds in womens clothing???
    What's next??? Heels and a garter
    James and I will be keeping an eye on you in the blind.
    Cheers Field Marshal.

Too kthe words right out mf my mouth! hahaha j/k

Didn't you wonder what the barbie doll clothing I had in my hunting bag was for?

BCWF

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Heard a few shots coming your way this morning as well. Any luck? You seeing the small guys?
    We didn't see many ducks during legal time, and well J was away goat huntin' and Russ, Clare, Reid and I were shall we say rusty. Had fun, and ate teal pizza on Sunday while watchin' football.

Just got around to looking at the pictures on my Iphone and thought this one was posting worthy.

We had just finished up our limit of geese and were waiting to see if any ducks wanted to come and play. No calling, no flagging, these birds just dumped right it. Makes you wonder if calling and flagging is really helping or hindering.

These are all geese, mostly cacklers with a few speckle bellies in the mix, be careful boys we've seen specs mixed in with flocks of cacklers and I can see how easy it would be to accidentally pop the wrong bird especially at first light or coming on dark. Still don't know why we don't have a season for them. We had a few flocks of cacklers with around 20 birds in it that had the odd speck or two in the mix. We already had a bunch on the ground at this point and had close to 300 birds when they finally stopped coming in.

BCWF

That's a beautiful picture Marc! BTW I'm waving my BS flag about your reasons for stealing pantyhose...be honest now.
    Whatever...I'm going hunting

Def the X!!