Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Hunting & Trapping Videos on youtube

Smile Re: Hunting & Trapping Videos on youtube

Quote Originally Posted by Caveman View Post
    Just watched several of the videos. Very Cool stuff!! They get better as you do more. Some wild shots made. I'm not a fan of the long shot, but when they are made on the first attempt I can't criticize because obviously you're not just throwing out a Hail Mary, there has been some serious practise at some point.
    Thanks for the kind words. In the name of full disclosure I have a few points to make.

1) The video editor shows you what he wants you to see.
    2) I don't claim to hit every time, there are a lot of variables and the only way to gain experience in the field is to show up and learn from your mistakes.
    3) Agreed. I don't send Hail Mary's, it took 10 minutes to finally get a shot after...ranging...checking wind...calculations...counting points...and then when I missed due to the ranging error making an adjustment and then finally anchoring him.
    4) My home videos show the big picture, my youtube versions show the condensed version as they are seen by people from every walk of life...including people who would like to see hunting stopped completely.

Smile Re: Hunting & Trapping Videos on youtube

Quote Originally Posted by JCVD View Post
    Spine shot I believe. BTW you make your living trapping or is it supplementary?

Awesome vids btw watching them now =)
    Every year that I trap my net worth decreases. I do it because I love the outdoors, skidooing and drinking whiskey at the cabin...Trev

Re: Hunting & Trapping Videos on youtube

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    great shot, what scope are you using?
    Leupold Mark 4 4.5 -14 x 50 with Mil Dot reticle.

Quote Originally Posted by adventuretrev View Post
    Thanks for the kind words. In the name of full disclosure I have a few points to make.

1) The video editor shows you what he wants you to see. I guess that is very true

2) I don't claim to hit every time, there are a lot of variables and the only way to gain experience in the field is to show up and learn from your mistakes. As long as the hours are put in and God forbid, a wounded animal doesn't wonder off to die

3) Agreed. I don't send Hail Mary's, it took 10 minutes to finally get a shot after...ranging...checking wind...calculations...counting points...and then when I missed due to the ranging error making an adjustment and then finally anchoring him. Good, sound ethics

4) My home videos show the big picture, my youtube versions show the condensed version as they are seen by people from every walk of life...including people who would like to see hunting stopped completely. I'm sure the home version is not for all to see on YouTube, because not all would understand and begin to critisize
    All in All Trevor it appears you take this seriously with the ethics to take your quarry cleanly with the respect they deserve. Great to see the little guys along as well.

Pull your head out of your Ass
    long enough to see how stupid you look!!!!!

All I can say is WOW!!!!!
    Nice shot
    I love animals
    They taste GREAT

Quote Originally Posted by adventuretrev View Post
    Every year that I trap my net worth decreases. I do it because I love the outdoors, skidooing and drinking whiskey at the cabin...Trev
    Well, whatever you do Trev, keep us up to date man. I like whiskey too.