Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thanks!

Thanks!

I just wanted to say thanks to all the great people on HBC for their valuable information and support. - You know who you are, hats off!

I'm a new hunter who does not come from a hunting family. Up until a few years ago, though I was never against hunting, I just never thought I could do it myself. Living in the Peace for a few years changed that! Now I'm in the Okanagan. I did my research and practiced with my rifle. It all paid off last Sunday morning when I downed my first mulie. - A young forked buck. (sorry no pics!). I had been busting my a$$ still-hunting that area on the weekends for the past month and it finally happened.

The scouting was awesome (love to explore anyway), the still-hunting was terrific but frustrating at times, pulling the trigger was easy (just a target), the moment when I realized I just took his life kinda sucked (yeah okay, I'm a chick), the rest was just a job to do.

With some great info from a friend up north and the bits of info from this site, I cut my meat and its all packed in the freezer.

So, thanks guys for everything, this is a great site. Now I can't wait to get a moose or an elk!!!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Thanks!

congrats on the your first deer.
    A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.
    -- George Washington

" A long range shot should never be taken if the range is so great that a hold on the top the shoulders will not drop a bullet into the chest cavity." Author Jack O'Conner

aewsome congrats i am a newer hunter never shot a deer yet and new to this site hoping to get mine this year congrats again.

thatta guy congrats to you!

Congrats on your first. Sounds like you put your time in. I am sure your next will be easier.

Way to go!You should be proud of yourself.Welcome to the Fraternity
    Scars Are like Tattoos but With Better Stories

Yeah, it does feel pretty good!! Even my Mom wants me to bring her some venison to try next time I visit. Changing lives one deer at a time...

great job on your firts. but feeling bad about taking a life is not all that bad the way you explained how you felt about the hunt from just a target to quilt to just work is how I feel after ever harvest I have ever pulled he triger on myself. I may tent to get a littl buck fever time to time

Quote Originally Posted by Mishka View Post
    Yeah, it does feel pretty good!! Changing lives one deer at a time...
    This would make a good sig. Congrats and hope you do it again.

Congrats on the deer.

It's not taking a life, it's a cycle of life. People are a part of nature and have every right to eat and exist as the next species/animal.