Thread: 2x2 moose down

2x2 moose down

so i Took a day off to catch up on sleep and hang with the family. Next morning I'm out solo again.. out calling, hiking and into my honey hole block calling... what's that?? a answer?? yep sure enough wuh wuh wuh .. bull coming?? sit down and hear he coming at a run towards me through heavy willow... no paddles that's good.... comes into 70-80 yards facing me in heavy heavy willow, 10 more yards and i will be able to ID him.... what? he turns and silently leaves!!! wind was swirling and he must have winded me!!! home i go.

next morning grab my best friend and head back out to this spot with the small bull. As per google earth we take a back hike into the top side of the valley where there is better visibility and sit and start calling. 30 minutes nothing...45 nothing... then......waaaaaaah waaaaaaah cow calling?? WTF this cow continues calling constantly for 20 minutes? we decide to hike in from the other side again to see if a bull comes into her, end result, no moose!

we head out to the truck, it's 9:30am.. jump in go for a driving, head up this road that goes by a swamp..... MOOSE.... TWO MOOSE.. out we go.... cow......not again, CALF!!! now i'm getting annoyed, i say where are the small 2pt's that are usually hanging around?? we look around.. nothing anywhere! back to the truck, drive ahead to turn around and head home and MOOSE... HOLY S****T 2 POINT!! out of the truck.. 50 yards and he's running.. i grunt, he stops BOOM.. humps up starts running, i grunt he stops.. BOOM...he humps up again and starts walking slowly towards the swamp!! NO NOT THE SWAMP.. 1 to the hump and it's all over! my 1st ever 2 pt.. they do exist, lol...

so that get's you up to date on my season to date... now onto helping my best friend and brother get their moose and then..... BIG MULEY TIME!!!

the 300 WSM 165gr TSX's performed great at 50 yards, lol.. 3/4" entry holes, both shots hitting ribs and destroying lungs and exiting 3 inches apart with big bleeding 2-3" exit holes.

Time waits for no one, Hunt Now!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 2x2 moose down

No questions on that spike/fork. Man, you'd be able to see that clearly from quite a distance. Great job!!

Pull your head out of your Ass
    long enough to see how stupid you look!!!!!

Sweeeeeeeet.....

I think you got the only one like that in the whole province!! No doubt it's a keeper, you lucky SOB!! Well done.
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steeleco View Post
    I think you got the only one like that in the whole province!! No doubt it's a keeper, you lucky SOB!! Well done.

I don't think so...Lightmags twin brother shot an almost identical twin 3 weeks ago

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=56534

Exact same play by play too !!!
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

very nice congrats.

thought i seen that picture before

Sure has a big head, doesn't he? LOL Way to go! Great pic too.

SHAKER is offline Hound dawger reborn......

What kind of a critter is that? I can't remember ever seeing one of them in the bush before.

Good job guy since no one else has said it nice splits!
    The thread stopper!

Great eating approx 325 lbs of dressed meat
    Their steaks, roasts and burger to me! Tom