Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Posting Pic

Re: Posting Pic

Quote Originally Posted by Ferenc View Post
    THANKS....WHAT KIND OF BEER DO YA DRINK ...OWE YA!!!!!...... BUT LETS TRY TO AT LEAST MAKE A STRAIGHT UPLOAD....AT LEAST TRY

Ha ha.....again refer to my earlier post of likely having to do a MASSIVE upgrade to the forum software or pick up the phone and call vbulletin and complain.

Quote Originally Posted by MB_Boy View Post
    Ferenc et al.....this may help you out.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=57627

Great tutorial. My issue with Photobucket is sometimes I've been uploading several pics and had the site "freeze" before displaying
    the uploaded pics in my album. I'm on a Shaw "node" shared with several people in my building that use peer 2 peer programs for file sharing (torrents, etc.) and often net access is slowed down considerably and
    is very inconsistant, hence the Photobucket problem.

the long and short of it: even though some third party photo sites may be
    easy for some to use there are still issues that crop up that may prevent
    others from getting their pics on this great site.

Maybe asking the vbulletin people is the way to go.

I have no idea how to change the software etc

I was basically computer illiterate but started posting pics years ago on different forums because I took a few minutes to learn how to do it.

It really is easy. There is photobucket, shutterfly, Facebook etc that can be used.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by zippy_chimp View Post
    Great tutorial. My issue with Photobucket is sometimes I've been uploading several pics and had the site "freeze" before displaying
    the uploaded pics in my album. I'm on a Shaw "node" shared with several people in my building that use peer 2 peer programs for file sharing (torrents, etc.) and often net access is slowed down considerably and
    is very inconsistant, hence the Photobucket problem.
    Tell all those pirates in your building to stop sharing! Ha ha....kidding.

I know Photobucket can sometimes be slow; I find it slow at times just clicking around. Forgive me as I don't know the exact answer but in your situation aren't you going to have "time outs" no matter where you are uploading pics of the same size if your "node" is in max use with files sharing and gamers goin' nuts?

Here is an idea.....before you upload the pics you can resize them on your PC. Not sure what the size limit is for loading to HBC but it shouldn't be that hard to "edit" the pictures and resize them? You could reduce their size before going to photobucket as well....it takes 2 seconds to do. My camera takes pics that can be about ~5-6MB; I sometimes do edit before uploading but I definitely have to before I e-mail them to people.

Just a thought?

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    I have no idea how to change the software etc

I was basically computer illiterate but started posting pics years ago on different forums because I took a few minutes to learn how to do it.

It really is easy. There is photobucket, shutterfly, Facebook etc that can be used.
    I NEVER GIVE A PERSON A HARD TIME FOR NOT KNOWING BUT.......BUT I WILL TO SOMEONE THAT SHOOTS DEER BIGGER THEN HIMSELF

Quote Originally Posted by MB_Boy View Post
    Tell all those pirates in your building to stop sharing! Ha ha....kidding.

I know Photobucket can sometimes be slow; I find it slow at times just clicking around. Forgive me as I don't know the exact answer but in your situation aren't you going to have "time outs" no matter where you are uploading pics of the same size if your "node" is in max use with files sharing and gamers goin' nuts?

Here is an idea.....before you upload the pics you can resize them on your PC. Not sure what the size limit is for loading to HBC but it shouldn't be that hard to "edit" the pictures and resize them? You could reduce their size before going to photobucket as well....it takes 2 seconds to do. My camera takes pics that can be about ~5-6MB; I sometimes do edit before uploading but I definitely have to before I e-mail them to people.

Just a thought?

Hi. I have my cam set to 1024 x 768 so no resizing is necessary- it's
    a cheapy anyway. Still, Photobucket gives me issues once in awhile,
    but that's my broadband problem not the site itself.

Hey- who hasn't "acquired" a game or movie the pirate way?! lol...