Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Posting Pic

Re: Posting Pic

You do not need a photobucket account.I don't use one unless it is video.Most All computers have a photo editing program.If not get one.If you bought a digitial camera,it should have come with one.Set up an "HBC pics folder" on your desktop-simple.Open your pic for editing in the picture program.Check the properties of the photo It will tell you the file type-"Jpeg,Mpeg etc" and the size whether in KB's or MB's.Check the HBC upload site for Max file size and if your picture is "too big",in your photo program there is a resize option,change the resolution of your pics to bring it in under size.Your HBC file on your desktop now has your proper sized photos ready for uploading.Go to Gallery,upload photos,Browse button to your desktop file and there they are !
    Count your age by friends...not years. Count your life by smiles...and not tears.

Still looking for a answer!!!!

I enjoy HuntingBC however. No, it is not easy for those of us who were only taught how to use a pen, pencil and paper. I can post and resize photos on other sites but not on this one. That is why I have no little photo (avatar?) or was/still unable to post photos of my (now 15month) Lab or hunts with others. Thanks to lilhoss & steeleco for providing those step by step directions I'll jot them down and try again. Thanks guys!

Just a quick heads up for y'all.....Marc didn't "create" the forum software; HBC is just hosted on a third party's 'generic' software that can be used by anyone who wants to start a forum; the company/solution is called vbulletin. This is NOT HBC specific where Marc can just type in a few commands at "HBC Central" to allow this functionality.

I may be incorrect in this but "yes"....likely vbulletin "may" have in newer versions the ability to upload the file directly from your PC to the board and have it automatically resized or at the very least you would have to resize it on your PC before uploading. (Marc....feel free to correct if I am wrong but I am just speculating after what I have seen on other forums)

One thing to bear in mind as I have seen it on a few forums when members wanted "added features" is the new version of the forums will more than likely have quite a different looking interface/layout and as I have seen.....many who aren't too computer savy find the new look/layout overwhelming. It happened recently on a few BCFishing Forums.....and it actually pushed members away from one...the other had a lot of growing pains for some users.

Really....to be honest; the Photobucket thing is DAMN easy once you take a couple of minutes to figure it out. Plus....depending on the size of Marc's servers/storage he won't have to worry about purging out files or constantly upgrading the server as the membership increases more and more. I have been on this site since prior to '04 as I think we all had our "join dates" reset when Marc did an upgrade years ago....you wouldn't believe how fast this site has grown and especially in the last 2 years.

Just '2 cents' to think about.

just use photobucket..cant get any easier !

Quote Originally Posted by Ferenc View Post
    Still looking for a answer!!!!

Contact these guys. They own the source code and develop the software.