Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Posting Pic

Posting Pic

Just was wondering if this site can be a bit user friendly in regards to posting pics...JUST LIKE THE MOST RECENT BUCK POSTED... a very nice Mulie,with the fact that pictures are a requirement for this site!!!!! lol maybe the wrong place to ask this........ moderators!!!!!!!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Posting Pic

How do you mean "user friendly"......as in "how to" post pics or not getting "roasted" for not posting pics??

easy way is to make a photobucket account then just take the url code under the pic and paste it right into the post

Its the posting of pics...how to!!! you should be able to upload from your pc no problem without all the steps involved...look at all the posts and the problems ... waiting for pics....I am on a another site not related to Hunting and can do a straight upload no problem ..... nothing changed just a different site

I'm with Ferenc ... those of us "non techie's" are easily frustrated

It doesn't get much easier than this:

I use www.photobucket.com it's easy to use and FREE Once you've got an account and you know what file your pictures are in it's as good as done.

Firstly upload your pictures to that site. Then open a second internet session with HBC running. Find the thread you wish to post the picture in or start a thread. While keeping it open, switch to the photobucket session. Click on the image you want to post, it should make it larger. It needs to be large to copy better or you'll only copy a thumbnail.

On the left of your image you'll see three links. Click on the "IMG CODE" it will flash yellow and for a brief second "copied" will show.

Now go back to the HBC session, in the thread you want your picture, right click and "paste" or ctrl V and your good. I always "preview message" to make sure I didn't screw up. If all looks good click submit and your done.
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

Re: Posting Pics

Yeah, it is sad that most sites are this way in terms of getting
    pics into a thread. It's a convoluted method and actually keeps
    some people from posting pics.

Why can't they just be attached like an email?

It's bloody easy to upload pics....Especially these days where you can have different tabs open for different websites.

It's also easy to put things in the correct forum, but some people are unable to grasp that, too.....
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Gatehouse,make it easier..I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!! as I said before I CAN DO STRAIGHT UPLOAD on another site....why!!!! should be able to the same on this awesome site....Can a request be made to the site owner or a webmaster!!!! or perhaps to you!!!! You have to remember I still hunt with a 1972 chevrolet 4x4... Help us out if you can...Thank-You

I have to agree with this member. We shouldn't have to go to a 3rd party site to upload pictures from and sizing should be done automatically as other sites do. Many times I have wanted to post pics but didn't have time to use another 3rd party program to resize the picture and then post to this forum. Let's make this a non-issue for everyone.