Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Percy Bicknell decoys?

Re: Percy Bicknell decoys?

Not sure...Its hard to find any for sale

Roy, I know where there is a whole rig, haven't asked the owner if he will sell them, but I would first like to find out what they are worth so its fair for both of us ? are you a collector of these decoys ? p/m me your phone number so we can talk ?

hardyguy

Know's someone that had(s) Bicknell snow dekes ... even hunted over them.

Quote Originally Posted by hardyguy View Post
    Roy, I know where there is a whole rig, haven't asked the owner if he will sell them, but I would first like to find out what they are worth so its fair for both of us ? are you a collector of these decoys ? p/m me your phone number so we can talk ?

hardyguy
    Good condition Bicknell's are worth anywhere from $400 to $1200+ each.

Quote Originally Posted by hardyguy View Post

hardyguy

Sorry Hardguy, I havnt started collecting anything yet....I just carve a few decoys of my own.

Hardyguy,

Do you still have a lead on the Bicknell Decoys, I would be interested in pursuing these with you.

OK I'll jump on this one with another question Does anyone know anything about a carver named Jack Palmer from around Edmonton? I have a set of 8 Mallards c/w belly weights and glass eyes they were carved as a gift for my grandfather around 1925. Shot over them as a kid my job to pack them in and out of the blind in a gunny sack they were light on the way in but damned heavy at the end of a dayLOL

Do you have a photo of the Jack Palmer decoys?

never thought about taking any but they are spread all around the house so I will do that pretty easy lol

mr. bicknell carved decoys in richmond in his later years for sale and collecting. he used to hunt the marshes of the north arm,he also hunted with my grand father and my great uncle in delta , with his brother who i believe his name was bill.i was very young and used to go along as retriever with cindy, my uncles chessy.all were fine shots and my uncle dom ended up with all the differents species of decoys from bicknell which is now owned by blair ledingham.i managed to get a few from my grand father,s collection but i don,t have a brant.one of their son carved birds on the island and i,d have to look for his name the other son was a commercial fisherman on the fraser till the late 90,s.just a little back ground....fowl