Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wrist slings??

Re: Wrist slings??

yup, use mine all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by huntwriter
    I use a wrist sling since the day I learned to shoot a bow. I probably would not need one now but it gives me confidence. I can not see why it's a "pain" to use one because mien is shaped like a loop (leather) and the hand slips in and out easily without having to think about it.
    I find it annoying in the late season hunts when you need to wear gloves as it is more of challange to slip in and out. i also find it kind of restricting when hiking around with the bow always in one hand but i also dont want to be caught with the bow in the wrong hand. anyone agree with that??

Hunter4life - My wrist sling is adjustable, so in the winter when I have to wear bulky golves I adjust the sling accordingly. If I am hiking for a long way then I use the bow sling, which lets me carry the bow like a rifle over the shoulder.
    Once in the area I want to spot and stalk I use a nifty little device that is called bow rest. This device hangs from the belt and has a little cup at the bottom where you rest the bow limp tip (weel) in it. This takes a lot of the weight of the bow and still lets you be ready for the shot within a second.
    Even if I do have to change hands for some reason I never had a problem to slip quickly in or out of the wrist sling.
    It works great for me. But that's me, I am not saying it's the same for you or others.
    "Wouldn’t it be wise for us to be more tolerant of each other and pick our battles with the ones that really threaten our way of life?"

The 'Hummer' Guest

For the late season thing using gloves, lengthen it out a little so it is quick & easy to use. Try it a few times to make sure. As huntwriter mentioned, I also use a cup attachment on my belt, usually for the still hunting end of things. For more long distance packing, the sling comes in very handy.

I use a sling, It helps me relax my grip w/o worrying about my bow falling out of my hands, not that it ever had before i used one.