Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wrist slings??

Wrist slings??

I have been shooting and hunting with my bow for a couple years now and want to know how many of you use wrist slings? I have one on my setup but find that hunting with it is a pain. Do some of you just use it for target bows or do you use them all the time? How do you shoot without one?

hunter4life

2. Site Sponsor

Bow Walker Guest

Re: Wrist slings??

I have used one from the time that I first learnt to shoot - about 7 years ago now. I hunt with it on, shoot 3D with it on and sleep with it on

Recently, my leather one wore out and I decided that I really didn't need one on after all. This past winter while practising at the range here in Vict. I was "surprised" by a shot going off unexpectedly. The bow jumped right out of my hand and fell into the muck and the water that I was standing in . The field was really wet and muddy from all the rain.

Yup, mud, crap, and ka-ka in the grooves of the cam and all over my sight, strings and cables, and on my cable guard. What a mess!

Now I don't leave home without one....

Hunter4, I don't use a sling for the very reason you said it is pain while hunting. My grip (use compond bow)has not been effected when I removed it some 10 years ago. I don't really concern myself with 3D scores when you want min grip contact for the high scores. I'm happy with a solid 8 for 3D which translants into a doulble lung shot in the bowhunting world.
    Todd

I have and use one all the time too. If you knew what a clumsy clod I can be at times you would understand! One can always make a boo-boo at the best or worst of times and the wrist sling isn't bad insurance, is it BW? Fred
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

I use a wrist sling since the day I learned to shoot a bow. I probably would not need one now but it gives me confidence. I can not see why it's a "pain" to use one because mien is shaped like a loop (leather) and the hand slips in and out easily without having to think about it.
    Last edited by huntwriter; 05-19-2006 at 07:18 AM.
    "Wouldn’t it be wise for us to be more tolerant of each other and pick our battles with the ones that really threaten our way of life?"

Yup, I use one too

I use one all the time i would not want to drop my bow.

i cant shoot without one anymore.....i feel liek im missing something when i use someone elses bow

The 'Hummer' Guest

Yes, all the time, on my both of my compounds. One I have set up for hunting & 3D, the other set just for target shooting. Tried doing without but every once in a while I torque the bow with my grip and accuracy suffers. My shots & accuracy are more consistant using one.

Bow Walker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Fred
    One can always make a boo-boo at the best or worst of times and the wrist sling isn't bad insurance, is it BW? Fred
    All you need to do is to drop or loose your grip once. Then you can appreciate the benefits of a sling.