Thread: Fair amount of geese over Pitt Poulder

Fair amount of geese over Pitt Poulder

Walking around this morning between 08:30-10:00, Gunner ("The Super Lab") and I saw 9 flocks of Canada's, with a few Cacklers heading South off of Pitt Lake. Heard others as we got there but couldn't see them due to fog. To those not familiar with the regs around here... We can only shoot (where I saw the flocks) Sat, Sun, Wed! Hope to see you out there this Sat @ 07:00. Take the Flock-leader 1st. others may follow it to a lower elevation or as happened to me... all the way to the ground! Yes it did happen to me, albeit on a an un-pressured flock. However, when possible I still take the Leader 1st! Anyone else have similar experiences?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Fair amount of geese over Pitt Poulder

I shoot whatever one is closest (to me) first. most of the time thats not the leader.

Also saw one nice flock of Pintails well within range! I only got 1 Pintail out of "The Poulder" last year. Here's hopping for this Saturday!

I now try not to shoot the closest bird especially hunting with others as those are the ones they target. I'll try for the further ones out first but still in range that way if that one falls the others are still in range for a second shot if it presents itself.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF