Thread: Oct 19th hunting report

Oct 19th hunting report

Had a great shoot. today with a variety of birds.
    it started out with two pheasants. oops I used my number 2's on them. one was hit in the head which I plucked, and the other was shot closer with a lot of meat damage. they just erupted at my feet and I had no time to change shells. after that I set up beside a large flock of snows and got the singles that strayed away from the pack. 7 birds and only one young one. after the snows took off when the sun set we headed over to the blind and got a few nice mallards.

It sure was a good day out there with my one of my new hunting partners shooting his first snow goose.

I forgot to mention that I got my first blue goose.

Last edited by 870; 10-19-2010 at 08:25 AM.
    "you know there are a lot of mountain bikers in the area" she looked at me weird when I said back to her " Thats fine, I'm not hunting mountain bikers today" Brambles

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Oct 19th hunting report

A fine day John. Can we see a pic of the blue?

it was to dark for a good pick but it is on top of the pile. you can see it's wing folded down on the second picture.
    "you know there are a lot of mountain bikers in the area" she looked at me weird when I said back to her " Thats fine, I'm not hunting mountain bikers today" Brambles

Pheasants...nice!
    Whatever...I'm going hunting

Good going boys! Someday I'll get over there for a crack at those white birds.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

Nice shooting!

8 more this morning. no young ones yet but there seems to be a lot more coming in. the birds were flying nice and low to the ground with the dense fog, then when it lifted so did the birds and the shooting stopped around noon.

Congrats on that Trophy Blue. There's only a few of those going up and down the pacific every year. Way to keep putting a smackdown on them.

The bio asked me during brant season if we wanted a snow season here, and I said yes please. We've seen 3 mature snows already. One in our field with a bunch of lessers. And two that kept to themselves flying around.

At the rate we're going it won't be long before you guys start seeing them out your way. I've already seen them in east Delta this year, that's the earliest I've ever seen them that far inland. K