Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Couple Geese this am

Couple Geese this am

Well 303 and my self headed out this morning to see what we could coax over from the 500+ little geese and honkers that were ina silage field that the farmer won't let anyone hunt in. So the expecations were low but we figured what the hell. Due to the clear cold skies, ALOT of birds flew well before legal. However we did manage to fool a few.

We landed a group of about 40 specks right in the kill hole and there were 2 little geese with them. Got one of those. Then we had another loner come in sucidial and never made it out. As always a group of 5 honkers came over the trees ready to die as we were picking up, and well today was there lucky day. So anyhow didnt get skunked and laughed our asses off

In the spirit of the "sitting on game thread" here a couple of pics.

Last edited by lorneparker1; 10-17-2010 at 11:26 AM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Couple Geese this am

That's a very nice mature cackler on the left in the first picture. Dark chocolate brown with a bit of a white collar. Those birds and headed south for sure. If you still got them mind measuring their Culmen length?

They were so small I couldn't even ride'em lol... In all seriousness though we had a riot of a time this morning. A few things went wrong but those are the breaks...Dam fancy electronics

I don't recall this high of an amount of Speckles last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Farmer View Post
    Yeah but your opinions wrong, so everyone here had to let you know that. Have a nice day.

That's a very nice mature cackler on the left in the first picture. Dark chocolate brown with a bit of a white collar. Those birds and headed south for sure. If you still got them mind measuring their Culmen length?
    I need a lesson on small geese. We dont shoot ANY where im from, and ive only shot a handful of them on the praires. Richardsons, cacklers, lessers are the all the same to me. 303 has the birds maybe he can measure it.

Yeah by the looks a size of them and their culmens they appear to be real cacklers. 2lbs colorings right, the bill length tells alot though.

Wait out I'll get the tape........Drummm roll please!!!!!!!

The culmen Measures a whopping 31mm!!!

Last edited by 303Brit; 10-17-2010 at 12:33 PM.
    Yeah but your opinions wrong, so everyone here had to let you know that. Have a nice day.

We had a flock of about thirty of them fly around our spread on Saturday but I thought they were speckle bellies at first and by the time I figured what they were they were out of range.

I'd love to get a mature one to get mounted, and not in the way you guys were doing.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    We had a flock of about thirty of them fly around our spread on Saturday but I thought they were speckle bellies at first and by the time I figured what they were they were out of range.

I'd love to get a mature one to get mounted, and not in the way you guys were doing.

Ya that one more chocolate one would have made a nice mount, maybe one day I'll have the space and the money for that kind of thing

Looks like you're giving birth to those birds. Wow, twins! You guys must be so proud LOL!
    Whatever...I'm going hunting

Quote Originally Posted by Islandbowhunter View Post
    Looks like you're giving birth to those birds. Wow, twins! You guys must be so proud LOL!
    Yeahhh Buddyyyy!!