Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PINK MOUNTAIN

Hey bcboy were you in zone A or B? how did you make out?, a friend of mine was in the lower section(a), and they had theirs in under 24 hrs. they went 2 yrs ago, Dec16-31 draw,
    Not All Who Wander Are Lost

Its a great place to hunt.!!! A few friends of mine go every year and they always come back with there moose and other critters.Sure the roads are a little busy but where is it not ,in hunting season. Bcboy don't let them guides or natives scare ya any, they usually have alot of hot air to get rid of,so let them vent and carry on.. goodluck to ya I ll try to find out the area my friends go and pm you with the info.
    GONNA HUNT TILL I DIE

Thanks..any info. would be appreciated. I was only in Zone A for a short time between Dec. 16 and Dec 31.

Most of my info. came from what I heard in the camp, was pretty impressed thou with the amount of animals we saw.
    Only stupid people are never wrong.

anybody planning on heading up to the peace area for the aug 15-31 any bull opening? i'm planning on camping out for a few days about an hour north of fort st john but have never given this season a try before. anyone else have any experience up there at that time of year?

Quote Originally Posted by Tank
    anybody planning on heading up to the peace area for the aug 15-31 any bull opening? i'm planning on camping out for a few days about an hour north of fort st john but have never given this season a try before. anyone else have any experience up there at that time of year?
    Let me know how it goes.I am head up there last 2 week september we are heading to wonawon some place my budy found

We've found that since the implementation of antler restrictions up north,the number of hunters who hunt the antler restricted season has dropped considerably.Whereas the early non restricted season in most areas is overrun with hunters who want to be able to shoot any bull,the second season is just the opposite.Heading up the Alaska highway in October,we see very few other hunters now,whereas back in the 80's and early nineties we saw dozens and dozens of units.You always had a lineup for fuel at Pink Mountian. Heading home about the third week of October we haven't seen hunters the last couple of years until we stop at Charlie Lake(maybe the odd hunters rig stopped at the old Maes Kitchen or in Wonowon for dinner)Theres lots of oppurtnities to hunt alone as you approch the later part of the season.It also coincides with the moose rut most of the time as well.
    Dave