Thread: 2 Days in and a little disgusted....

2 Days in and a little disgusted....

So...only 2 days into the season, me and the Mrs and Spirit were out for a walk along the water in the Cooke Creek area to see what was what. We saw a few mallards and heard a few Canada's and were having a nice walk in the sunshine when we came across a sight that turned me a little red with anger. Laying along the weeds was a pile of spent shells (lead shot), lunch garbage and three dead birds (two grebes and a mallard hen).

There was no one in the area but it looked to be today's kill. No scavenger action but the flies had definitely found the birds.

Contacted the RAPP line (I like a man that answers his own phone) and the duty officer put me in touch with the CWS duty officer in Vancouver (he returned my call in less than 5 min). All very impressive for a long weekend. I gave the gentleman my story, but not much can be done about this particular situation. It did make me feel a little better knowing that there is someone on the other end of the line willing to help.

Next time camera and cel phone in hand just in case I witness this lowlife so called hunter in person.

cwf
    'try not, do or do not, there is no try'-YODA

http://pdgf.pitapata.com/UT71m7.png

http://pdgf.pitapata.com/Tx3Zm7.png

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 2 Days in and a little disgusted....

Wow that's horrible!! Lead shot, un-bagged birds, spent shot laying around, and they weren't caught! How much of a dumb, disrespectful, low life is this guy?? Can't believe he is hunting, as people like this generally aren't safe shooters from the lack of common ethics. I hope he gets caught. Even though I hunt no where near you, I would feel bad that an area gets shut-down because of these rejects.

Longshot jr.