Thread: Duck shoot Oct 10/2010

Duck shoot Oct 10/2010

Had to work opening day, so made a go at er this morning. Picked up 303 at 5:15 and we were at the field for 5:30ish. No driving to the spot so we loaded up the fridge cart and our backs and hauled our gear in a few hundred yards. We were hunting a cornfield with about 3 passes taken out. 20mins of setting up the ffd's a couple of robos and the grassing up the layouts and we were gtg about 30mins before legal. The next 30 mins before legal was what every waterfowler likes to hear. Lots of whistling wings, and birds bombing right into the dekes. Legal Came and it was pretty hot and heavy for the first hour or so, then tailed off the rest of the morning. Shot a nice mixed bag of widgeons and mallards, with a pintail and a greenwing for good measure. Saw lots of birds, and scared the shit out of quite a few, but ended with 8 on the morning. With a little better shooting we could have done better, but the hay! Great time, and probably have at er again tommorrow. Saw a crapload of specks this morning

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Duck shoot Oct 10/2010

Good going boys! I'm still struggling to try and get the stuff done around the house. Hoping to get out next couple of days
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

That pinny sure would be nice in a few months, we had a similar drake shot yesterday, just turning, a little blue in the bill. Way to start the season off!

Glad to see you found a field Lorne!!!
    Now I don't have to worry about you anymore
    Cheers, Field Marshal.

Quote Originally Posted by field marshal View Post
    Glad to see you found a field Lorne!!!
    Now I don't have to worry about you anymore
    Cheers, Field Marshal.

Not mine ! 303 hooked it up...! Im still ready and willing to drive 2.5 hours to hunt with the marshall anytime!

HA,HA, thought that would get a rise outta you Lorne.

I'll keep you posted!!! Cheers Field Marshal.

Had an awesome morning with Lorne. Can't wait to get at'er again tomorrow morning. I'm glad to have a fowling partner in the valley, and I think Lorne and I will be putting a hurting on the birds around here this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Farmer View Post
    Yeah but your opinions wrong, so everyone here had to let you know that. Have a nice day.

It's always nice to have a few guys to hunt with that you learn to work together and get er done. Have fun this season guys!
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF