Thread: Nice Chat with the Federalis this morning

Nice Chat with the Federalis this morning

So after a less than incredible opener. I was walking up to my truck, when I notice a SUV parked across the rd. Once at my vehicle the SUV zoomed across the busy street to park behind me. I figured it was the new owner of the other field checking to see where I was hunting. When out stepped a man in green, My first thought was fish cop???? Then I saw the Environment Canada shoulder badge. He told me it was the first time he had been to the island in 5yrs.

He came over introduced himself, asked how my day was going. We chatted for a while as I packed my kit up. I was mostly packed and I asked would you like to see my license???? He said well I suppose I should check it and your bird. He checked them over, and asked to see my shotgun. He checked for my plug etc. Spent more time asking me about how I liked it then anything else.

Then he came back and start asking about the area. Where the places to check are and how our access is around the valley.

After that he wished me a good season, and told me if I was headed down isle (Fanny Bay-Cowichan) that I may seem him and his partner again this weekend.

Was a very pleasant experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Farmer View Post
    Yeah but your opinions wrong, so everyone here had to let you know that. Have a nice day.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Nice Chat with the Federalis this morning

Cool - as a brand new hunter it is nice to know they the Feds are decent guys - this one at least.....

Quote Originally Posted by mklaver View Post
    Cool - as a brand new hunter it is nice to know they the Feds are decent guys - this one at least.....
    Well they both were pretty good guys. And there are only 10 Environment Canada Wildlife enforcement officers, for BC and The Yukon. So kinda interesting to run into them where I was.

Yeah but your opinions wrong, so everyone here had to let you know that. Have a nice day.

Hey 303, were you at that field the police always get called to?
    Whatever...I'm going hunting

Big guy with Red hair?

Quote Originally Posted by Islandbowhunter View Post
    Hey 303, were you at that field the police always get called to?
    Ya buddy, new guy owns it though so only like 4 people have permission now.

Ian, the big guy had a hat on. I wouldn't say red hair(ie ginger) but maybe a redish blonde. I got the other guys card Dan Vo, they are both from the LML

Last edited by 303Brit; 10-09-2010 at 03:32 PM.

Sounds like Patrick, ran into him a few times couple years back, nicest warden I've ever met! Does his job without acting like we are all breaking the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian F. View Post
    Sounds like Patrick, ran into him a few times couple years back, nicest warden I've ever met! Does his job without acting like we are all breaking the law.

Ya he seem pretty good, I didn't talk with him much. He drove up after Dan, I chatted with Dan for about 25min. He didn't radio his partner till after he slugged my shotgun, and then I chatted with them for prolly another 30min or so.

They both seemed really purplex that we couldn't hunt the estuary or the DU fields, I said where would the fun in that be. Drag out all the gear for 10mins of shooting

Last edited by 303Brit; 10-09-2010 at 03:33 PM.