Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lets see those Season Openers!

Re: Lets see those Season Openers!

It was a good morning for birds.They were coming in hard.My waterfowl partner and I got 14 mallards today by 1130.At times we couldn't have a chance to put more shells in they were flying every where. Today was the best opening day I ever had.We were blessed

Ian looks and most likely tastes great. Matts got something similar on the go for tomorrow night. Jalapeņo duck poppers mmmmmm

Three of us dropped a pair of mallards each. It seemed rather quiet out there except for what I figured (correctly) was the sound of Ian getting a good start to his season!
    Good luck to everyone tommorrow.
    Dan
    Buddi doing what she does best!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian F. View Post
    Zoe had a great first hunt doing 8 retrieves of mostly teal, but also mallard and widgeon. Pretty proud of my little girl, still lots of training to do, but good blind manners are already there! She needed a little help with her marking, but not too bad for just short of 7 months old!

Very best,

Ian
    Good going Ian, a lot of fun and exciting days in the field to come! Zoe is doing great for her first year. It only gets better from here on in. The marking will come with time. The birds and the gun going off is distracting for a dog at first but they soon learn quick enough.

great pictures and some good looking eats as well!
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

Our limits went up this year to 8 daily and 24 possession. We used six dekes to lure these guys into a nice barley field. Three limits in two hours.

Ron
    Quail is the virgin
    Duck is the mature woman
    .....Iron Chef

Good shooting boys! I wonder what it would take to get our limit increased? No shortage of resident birds around, lots of talk but nothing happening.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

I think it also has to do with the BIG dollars that get put into the prairies every year from Non residents going on guiding hunts. It only makes sense, the outfitters provide 3 day hunts or longer. So legally guys have to either eat one days bag in order to continue shooting. With a 3 day limit now they can shoot all 3 days and head home.