Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So I want to get into Bowhunting

Bow Walker Guest

Re: So I want to get into Bowhunting

Quote Originally Posted by FullDraw
    4pt call up Boorman Archery and sign up for the pro-am archery school. They will show you what you need to know and you call try the different types of bows and then decide what works for you.

FullDraw
    Now that is the best advice I've read yet. Boormans start you out with stick-n-string (or they used to) and then you get the general idea of shooting. You can try a couple of different bows at Boorman's store, like compounds of different brands. They have a small shooting range there that you can fling a few shafts. Great way to try out some different brand name bows.

Find one that feels just right and you are well on your way.

4pt Boormans is the closes place I can think of for you, with a wealth of knowledge and they will treat you right. Try to get yourself out to some 3D shoots and see what is going on. I am sure if you asked any of the guys here on the site, they would let you tag along with them on a 3D shoot.
    Todd

Hey 4ptbuck , Lots of 3-d ing this weekend at the Semiahmoo Fish & Game Club .See what the traditional side of archery is all about for comparison purposes.

REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab On --
    REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab on --

Group Memberships.

Traditional Bowhunters of BC
    Abbotsford Fish and Game Club
    BCWF
    United Bowhunters of BC

Hey 4ptbuck , Lots of 3-d ing this weekend at the Semiahmoo Fish & Game Club .See what the traditional side of archery is all about for comparison purposes.
    Greybark is right, there will be a ton of good stuff going on at the SF&G site this weekend. 1284 184th in South Surrey.

thanks guys. I kinda did a bit of the cart before the horse and picked this up....

I have a PSE nova compound bow, 60-70 lbs draw weight, 28 inch draw length. It has been through a proshop within the last year and I have not used it since. It has a new string and was tuned up at the shop. also included is nearly new carbon express arrows with thunder head broadheads and field points, several new broadheads and broadhead blades, a couple of judo points for small game, a whole tool box of archery accessories and spare parts. Also includes a trufire release, arm gaurds, new doinker stabilizer, cobra fibre optic 3 pin sights. The whole package includes everything you need to hit the archery season this fall. the bow shots well i just don't have the time to pirsue bow hunting at this time.

If I brought this into Boorman's do you think they set it up for me?

Quote Originally Posted by FullDraw
    4pt call up Boorman Archery and sign up for the pro-am archery school. They will show you what you need to know and you call try the diffrent types of bows and then decide what works for you.

FullDraw
    Thats what i've been trying to say.I took those classes and found them to be very helpfull.

Bow Walker Guest

4pt......
    Boormans will certainly set it up for you. You should even be able to shoot a few to test things out using their indoor range.

Nothing the matter with a setup like you described either. Now your set for lots of practice, practice, practice.........well, you get the idea.

Boorman moved a few doors down i don't think he has the test range anymore but i good be wrong, BSA took lesons from Pro-Am and he shots well. Money wel spent.

Full Draw
    Traditional Bowhunters of B.C. (region 2)
    United Bowhunters of B.C. (life time member)
    BCWF
    Chilliwack Fish & Game
    IDPA

He shoots well, who you kidding, but i'am getting better.No they dont have the range in the store anymore, but the indoor range is 2 doors down and they will take you over there so you can try out your set up.I purchased my bow from them and all the accesories they did excellent work and are very happy to help you out.

4pt, where are you going to be shooting at?The burnaby archers have a outdoor field , and there is the indoor range (18meter) in New West beside Boormans.Boormans phone # is (604)-524-1674.

I was thinking about shooting in my backyard for practise. Is that a no-no?

I am in Richmond, so bby/NW is pretty evenly space out.